By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Beyond Good & Evil 2 a casual game?

Just read this.

The only think I'm going to state is that it makes it really odd that it wasn't announced for the Wii, considering... you know. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I am going to check this one out anyway

Ubisoft is confusing. They are making BG&E a casual game , but it's going to ps360? Umm that makes sense.

Jade, make sure the guards don't see you changing that kid's daiper. Use your fashion accessorizing skills to distract them.

Okay, I don't really have a thing against those games. Just joking here.

Then again, her skill is photgraphy, so could this be like Pokemon Snap? 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

RolStoppable said:
What are they going to do? Here are my thoughts:

- use only a single button for attacks
- make use of a context sensitive action button
- simplify vehicle controls to gas and steering
- implement a simple AI, so that the stealth parts of the game aren't as challenging as in a Splinter Cell game
- earn money by photographing creatures instead of doing dozens of minijobs like it is done in other games

Um, the first game more or less had that. 

Around the Network

i think they are also doing wii version of this game thats why they didn't tell which platform is coming for and only showed the hd version like sonic unleashed

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
sc94597 said:
Ubisoft is confusing. They are making BG&E a casual game , but it's going to ps360? Umm that makes sense.

PS360 has tons of casual games. Halo 3, Madden, and CoD4 come to mind.

Most of the "hardcore" don't want challenging games, they just want games with the pretense of sophistication and maturity. Hence, they whine like bitches when they have to retry missions in Trauma Center or practice in order to win 150cc Mario Kart.

If Ubisoft had simply made BG&E more accessible, nobody would have cared. Some might have even praised the streamlined gameplay. But because they told everybody they're going to try to make it very accessible, the poseur "hardcore" will brand it for being "dumbed down" and "casual." 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I don't get it... what was hard or complicated about Beyond Good and Evil? It was already friendly to casuals. The biggest failing of the original game rested almost entirely in the hands of Ubisoft's marketing department.

they will want this to sell more thats why theyre making it more like a casual game,though i wonder why they didnt put it on wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
they will want this to sell more thats why theyre making it more like a casual game,though i wonder why they didnt put it on wii

Well like cougarman said it could be on the wii.