By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - how many of you are going to get both infinite undiscovery & the new tales?

konnichiwa said:
=p You missed Star ocean 1 and 2? I hope you have a PSP sir because you can't miss SO1 and SO2.

PS: I missed Star Ocean 1 cuz it was only in Japanese, I have it but can't understand much about it =p.

I am hoping that the remakes come to America so I can play them

P.S. Yes, I have a PSP 

Around the Network

IN terms RPG's in only hyped for persona 4 at the moment THey are actually putting some real money behind this one. Also the anime persona 'trinity soul' is much better then i would have expected from an anime based off an game. So far no rpg this gen has been up to par. I hope Disgeae 3 is great as im a fan of the first 2.

I'll definitely be getting the Tales of game (As well as the new Tales of Symphonia sequel for the Wii), but I'm a bit iffy on IU. I really want it to be good, but Tri-Ace hasn't performed well in my opinion. I've only played the original Valkyrie Profile on PS1 and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time and didn't like either. I remember hearing so much hype about Valkyrie Profile for years before I finally found a copy on eBay and purchasing it. I enjoyed the battle system well enough at first, but by about halfway through the game that was the only thing I even remotely liked about the game. It quickly became tedious and boring and I ended up selling my copy shortly after completing it (I never sell games but VP was selling for quite a bit at the time and I didn't like it so I made a $50+ profit). I couldn't even attempt to complete SO. The battle system was fine, but I hate to say the voice overs actually killed the entirety of the game for me. They got so horrendous early on that I had to quit playing the game and there wasn't enough left to the game that I liked to make me keep going.

So I'm a definite yes on Tales of (unless reviews shed some light on some reason I would hate it) and pessimistic but hopeful for IU. As long as there's enough meat to the game that I can appreciate I'll probably get it, but I'll have to think carefully about it and read tons of reviews (and I mean read them... I don't care about scores). It's already apparent the voice acting is largely mediocre and the English lip-syncing is essentially nonexistent, but if the story or game play are great (or both are moderately good) I'll end up grabbing it.