By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Exclusive! Star Wars Clone Wars for Wii and DS

If this game turns out awesome, with a good multiplayer mode, I may end up buying the 360 version of TFU instead of the Wii version. This game is such a perfect fit for Wii I can't believe no one here thought of it!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

If this game is cool I'll buy a Wii for my brother, he loves Star Wars. If it has lightsaber fights with the Wii Remote, he'll probably have an orgasm due to that alone.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I think it's kind of funny how many people mentioned "finally, lightsabre action on the Wii!"

As if The Force Unleashed wasn't coming to the thing...

Resident_Hazard said:
I think it's kind of funny how many people mentioned "finally, lightsabre action on the Wii!"

As if The Force Unleashed wasn't coming to the thing...

I'm not so sure about that, although I'm not well informed about either game.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

TFU, while it will likely be great, its' combat system wasn't designed around motion controls. While what's being added looks fantastic, I can't see motion controls being better-implemented than a game designed from inception with Wii in mind.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Well, I finally have interest in buying a Wii. Hopefully this game fares much better than SW games usually turn out.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

Hm.. I'm already hyped for Star Wars Unleashed but more exclusives for the Wii I guess rocks!

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

jedson328 said:
Well, I finally have interest in buying a Wii. Hopefully this game fares much better than SW games usually turn out.

Ummm... most Star Wars games are critically and commercially praised.

-Super Star Wars

-Rogue Squadron

-Jedi Knight series

-Kotor

-Battlefront

-Republic Commando

It's only the ones directly based on the movies (ok, and that dreadful 'Yoda Stories' on GBA) that turn out badly. 

thekitchensink said:
jedson328 said:

Ummm... most Star Wars games are critically and commercially praised.

-Super Star Wars

-Rogue Squadron

-Jedi Knight series

-Kotor

-Battlefront

-Republic Commando

It's only the ones directly based on the movies (ok, and that dreadful 'Yoda Stories' on GBA) that turn out badly.

You forgot Rebellion, Force Commander, Bounty Hunter, Podracer, KotoR 2, Masters of Teras Kasi, Lethal Alliance, Galaxies, .... and I am sure there are more.

There have been great games ... KotoR1, Republic Commando, the Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, and X-Wing/Tie/KvsT series.  Battlefront was kinda meh, mostly trying to cash in on the Battlefield genre.  For every good, there is one horribly bad game.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

Good lord, those character models look awful.  Hopefully the gameplay is good.