By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I blame Wii Fit, Wii Fit opens 800k in the US Edition.

theRepublic said:
Astrodust said:
Disappointing first week sales for Wii Fit. It's a shame that no one could have the faith that Wii Fit could of sold a million. Not Nintendo and not retailers.

Wii Fit completely sold out everywhere in the US. How is that a disappointment?

Nintendo would have shipped more if they could have. It takes a lot more time to manufacture Wii Fit than your normal game.

I blame Wii Fit for that. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Unfortunately, they won't look like that on the Wii, but the balance board is certainly capable of measuring precise enough movements for a broad array of player actions.

It would completely depend upon how well the developer implemented the controls, which could range anywhere from a seamless fusion that enhances game play, to passable controls, to worse than a standard analog stick controls that make a game more frustrating to play.

Most of the balance games for Wii Fit use fairly simple/primitive control schemes, so it's a bit too early to say it would be just as easy to do translate extremely complex movements and subtle changes in balance into precise on screen action.

The potential is there at the very least.

theRepublic said:
Astrodust said:
Disappointing first week sales for Wii Fit. It's a shame that no one could have the faith that Wii Fit could of sold a million. Not Nintendo and not retailers.

Wii Fit completely sold out everywhere in the US. How is that a disappointment?

Nintendo would have shipped more if they could have. It takes a lot more time to manufacture Wii Fit than your normal game.

Nintendo had plenty of time to plan for the release and ramp up production, or delay the NA release until they had enough product for a proper launch.

I make no excuses for them if that's the reason why the program didn't sell more.

But as long as Nintendo can keep the stream of Wii Fit packages flowing on a weekly basis, at least as fast as the console (faster would be more acceptible, given Nintendo's inability to keep retailers stocked), they should be able to continue to move as much product as they are able to produce.  

If Wii Fit is still commanding a 100% mark up on Ebay up to and through the holiday season, then I don't blame Wii Fit, I blame Nintendo.