By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So no Red Steel 2?!! wii owners waited just for nothing?

windbane said:
yushire said:
So because Red Steel have less quality than other games doesnt mean it dont warrant a sequel? Even it sold 1 million units so far and one of the most popular games on the Wii so far?

Lets take an example, what about 50 cent bulletproof? Its a crappy game but its sales and popularity warrant it a sequel (and there is a sequel of it.)

What are you, a publisher? I don't care how much a game sells. Game sales do not effect my excitement level for a game. We have no evidence that Red Steel 2 is even in the middle of development. trestres, fanboy extraordinaire, compares the strange excitement over a sequel to a below-average game to a sequel that at least looks very good and shows promise. There is far more reason to be excited for a game that we have seen game video for than a game that we haven't even seen a screenshot of.

This article says so otherwise:

http://www.destructoid.com/red-steel-2-announced-my-roommate-cringes-in-horror-33811.phtml

http://gonintendo.com/?p=20340

We Wii owners are hyped about this game because there is a reason to hype this. Ubi even tells that Red Steel 2 is in development after the success of original Red Steel. THEN THIS? You think Im crazy but Wii owners feel betrayed right now after this thats why there are many posts/threads condeming Ubisoft.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
trestres said:
windbane said:
yushire said:
So because Red Steel have less quality than other games doesnt mean it dont warrant a sequel? Even it sold 1 million units so far and one of the most popular games on the Wii so far?

Lets take an example, what about 50 cent bulletproof? Its a crappy game but its sales and popularity warrant it a sequel (and there is a sequel of it.)

What are you, a publisher? I don't care how much a game sells. Game sales do not effect my excitement level for a game. We have no evidence that Red Steel 2 is even in the middle of development. trestres, fanboy extraordinaire, compares the strange excitement over a sequel to a below-average game to a sequel that at least looks very good and shows promise. There is far more reason to be excited for a game that we have seen game video for than a game that we haven't even seen a screenshot of.

LOL calling me fanboy after hyping RS2, which I really regret, cause it will suck, but you hype Killzone 2?? HAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhAH Gimme a break man, that game was MEDIOCRE at best, I don't know how can you expect its sequel to be good, really tell me, just cause it looks good? Lair and Haze say "Howdy Ho"

I showed you the gamerankings scores. There's a difference there. There's also the difference of Killzone 2 looking so good. Lair and Haze never looked like the best graphical games out. Those games are usually overrated (Gears) but rarely turn out to be crap. If a developer is capable of making games look good with good framerate they can generally pull off a decent game. I was not hyping anything, though, I am merely saying that your comparison to Killzone 2 is a little off. You brought it up, not me. Edit: btw, I was not calling you a fanboy based on 1 post. please. I think you've admitted to being one.

allthehoneys said:
windbane said:
yushire said:

How soon we forget the details of that shitfest Killzone.  This is a developer who had people hyped before release, the game billed as Sony's Halo killer simply because of the pretty graphics and Sony backing.  Upon release it was a buggy, bland and average first person shooter not worth the plastic it was printed on.  Fast forward to today, what's different?  Only thing I see different is the developer has dropped one turd and is peddling the same shit.  They haven't proven themselves, they dropped the ball the first time and now it's best to wait and see if they can actually execute for once. 

Again, I was not the one to bring the game up. I am merely saying there is more reason to be excited for Killzone 2 than Red Steel 2. That can be judged objectively based on what we have seen of each game or by gameranking scores. I have no idea if Killzone 2 will be good. What we have seen so far is not buggy, but that's just the 2nd level. We have seen nothing of Red Steel 2. The first game sucked. I am far more excited for Resistance 2, personally...if we want to mention another FPS sequel that starts with "R."

yushire said:
windbane said:
yushire said:

This article says so otherwise:

http://www.destructoid.com/red-steel-2-announced-my-roommate-cringes-in-horror-33811.phtml

http://gonintendo.com/?p=20340

We Wii owners are hyped about this game because there is a reason to hype this. Ubi even tells that Red Steel 2 is in development after the success of original Red Steel. THEN THIS? You think Im crazy but Wii owners feel betrayed right now after this thats why there are many posts/threads condeming Ubisoft.

The first one is about someone cringing because of the announcement... Anyway, I mean that we don't know how far in development it is, but it's not like Ubisoft has to show everything at this gamer's day or whatever. As someone else said, Assassin's Creed 2 was not shown and we now that's coming.

So a sequel to a game with an average of 73.3% will get AAAAAAAAAAAA status.
I see the huge difference now between Red Steel and Killzone, I'll share it with everyone:

Red Steel 65.8% Killzone 73.3% HOLY SHIT KILLZONE IS SO SUPERIOR! IT HAS 7.5% HIGHER RATINGS THAN RED STEEL....

KILLZONE 2 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA confirmed!!

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
So a sequel to a game with an average of 73.3% will get AAAAAAAAAAAA status.
I see the huge difference now between Red Steel and Killzone, I'll share it with everyone:

Red Steel 65.8% Killzone 73.3% HOLY SHIT KILLZONE IS SO SUPERIOR! IT HAS 7.5% HIGHER RATINGS THAN RED STEEL....

KILLZONE 2 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA confirmed!!

And Killzone: Liberation was a 79%. Read my posts again, though, because you clearly don't understand what I'm saying.

windbane said:
allthehoneys said:
windbane said:
yushire said:

How soon we forget the details of that shitfest Killzone.  This is a developer who had people hyped before release, the game billed as Sony's Halo killer simply because of the pretty graphics and Sony backing.  Upon release it was a buggy, bland and average first person shooter not worth the plastic it was printed on.  Fast forward to today, what's different?  Only thing I see different is the developer has dropped one turd and is peddling the same shit.  They haven't proven themselves, they dropped the ball the first time and now it's best to wait and see if they can actually execute for once. 

Again, I was not the one to bring the game up. I am merely saying there is more reason to be excited for Killzone 2 than Red Steel 2. That can be judged objectively based on what we have seen of each game or by gameranking scores. I have no idea if Killzone 2 will be good. What we have seen so far is not buggy, but that's just the 2nd level. We have seen nothing of Red Steel 2. The first game sucked. I am far more excited for Resistance 2, personally...if we want to mention another FPS sequel that starts with "R."

Just admit it, Killzone 2 was only just a tech demo in E3 2005, one year later and after Gears of War, Uncharted, Halo 3 and other great HD graphics game Killzone 2 hype is gone, its so gone that even with "real gameplay video" nothing will make it popular than it did before. Thats the reason for the delay because with  Gears of War 2 with better graphics than its prequel, the developers knew Killzone 2 will flop because Killzone 2 graphics was more inferior than Gears of War 2. Not including Rersistance 2 which have 10 times better graphics than Killzone 2. And Red Steel? Red Steel even with inferior graphics after E3 06 have more hype than Killzone 2, so much hype that it sold more than 1 million already, so much hype for it that fans of it wants a sequel.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

@Windbane: Yes I do, I'm tired of people hyping a game and never hearing anything from it. RS2 is still a mistery, but so is KZ2, I've heard this story before with Haze and Lair to give some examples, they were getting positive previews... and then the final product was shit. There's no need to hype a game like that, what if it turns out to be garbage?

Going by the previous games, KZ2 should be a MEDIOCRE buggy "good looking" game, that will score similarly to its predecessors, if not worse.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

The key difference between Red Steel 2 and Killzone 2, is that while both orignal games sucked for the most part, Red Steel was a launch game that was rushed to be released on time. Thats why it wasnt very good (at least according to Ubi), and theyve stated that they will take more time and perfect the second, hence peoples excitement for Red Steel 2.

Please tell me why you think Killzone 2 will be any different to 1, because to me, the situation for Killzone 2 seems to be exactly the same as the first...

yushire said:
windbane said:
allthehoneys said:
windbane said:
yushire said:

Just admit it, Killzone 2 was only just a tech demo in E3 2005, one year later and after Gears of War, Uncharted, Halo 3 and other great HD graphics game Killzone 2 hype is gone, its so gone that even with "real gameplay video" nothing will make it popular than it did before. Thats the reason for the delay because with  Gears of War 2 with better graphics than its prequel, the developers knew Killzone 2 will flop because Killzone 2 graphics was more inferior than Gears of War 2. Not including Rersistance 2 which have 10 times better graphics than Killzone 2. And Red Steel? Red Steel even with inferior graphics after E3 06 have more hype than Killzone 2, so much hype that it sold more than 1 million already, so much hype for it that fans of it wants a sequel.

You are the coolest person on this forum. There's absolutely no talking to you... I think you'll find that Killzone 2 is very much hyped still...BECAUSE of the gameplay videos. It looks at least as good as Gears 2, btw. Resistance 2 10 times better looking? Hah, I wish...