By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wario Land Wii to be a classic 2d sidescrolling platformer

20 levels? thats it?

that would do for a Game Boy game but this is Wii, I mean Super Mario World had 96 no?

Around the Network
yushire said:
naznatips said:
Wow, actually been a great week for Wii news hasn't it?
Only for first part that is... Major disappointment on third parties

I don't understand what you mean? This week has been majorly dissapointing from 3rd parties for the Wii?

What about Death Jr. getting great reviews? That's pretty exciting. I honestly never expected Street Fighter to hit the Wii, or Prince of Persia HD...but apart from that, I'm pretty sure that things like gameplay screenshots from Fatal Frame 4, and news about Tecmo Bowl, and Clone Wars are pretty awesome for any console in just one week of news. If every week was like this, the Wii library would fill up pretty fast with good games from 3rd parties. I can say I'm more excited than dissapointed, as should we all be. If the Wii got every game, then what would be the purpose of owning multiple systems?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

O-D-C said:
20 levels? thats it?

that would do for a Game Boy game but this is Wii, I mean Super Mario World had 96 no?

Levels vary in length between games, fyi.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

yushire said:
naznatips said:

Apparently you missed that Death Jr. is actually looking pretty good, the announcement of Sim City Creator for Wii, and the gorgeous Fatal Frame 4 screens. 

naznatips said:
yushire said:
naznatips said:

Apparently you missed that Death Jr. is actually looking pretty good, the announcement of Sim City Creator for Wii, and the gorgeous Fatal Frame 4 screens. 

Its true, Fatal Frame is looking spleeeeeendid

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

I loved the Wario Land games on the Gameboy. The return of the 2D platform genre, perhaps? Here's hope for a 2D Metroid game for the Wii!

Looks so classic. I am considering it now.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

Anyone know if they're going to have normal controls too? I love the motion controls when they're used to mimic an action like swinging a bat or moving a gun but I'm not keen when they're integrated like this. If there is an old style option this'll be high on my list.

colonelstubbs said:
naznatips said:
yushire said:
naznatips said:

Its true, Fatal Frame is looking spleeeeeendid

Maybe yushire was talking about the Ubisoft game annoucements. I so need to try Death Jr. 2 player co-op ftw.

I would also like to add that Fatal Frame is looking great. 

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Seem Ninty is reviving the 2-d root, I hope 3rd parties will follow... :)

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg