By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wario Land Wii to be a classic 2d sidescrolling platformer

According to IGN it will play similar to Super Paper Mario as far as control goes. Wiimote sideways like a classic NES game with shaking playing a key role in wario's moves, thusly the title "Wario Land Shake". It will have 2d art work, though so far no screens released. It boasts some 20 stages ranging from such platformer staples as desters and jungle levels. It releases in a couple of months in Japan.

I will wait to see actual screens, videos, and ect before I decide whether or not to be excited for it. But if it's sort of like a less chatty Super Paper Mario with Wario-esque level design (that is to say not 100% linear, but exploration based), then it could be pretty cool.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

I'm pretty excited about it after hearing that it's 2D and seeing those scans.

uh oh, i might have to buy a wii now...

there are scans? I have seen no scans.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Definitely worth looking into.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Around the Network

If it's anything like the Wario games for the game boy then this is something to be excited about.

CIHYFS?

constructive response :

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

The screens are small but it's all we have right now.

Some more details:

- 20 stages
- hand-drawn animation
- 1 player
- locations such as jungle ruins, desert, and ocean
- shake the Wiimote for special actions (shake enemies to grab coins, unearth hidden locations, and more)
- some sort of throwing mechanic via Wiimote manipulation
- vehicles such as rockets and submarines, seems that the Wiimote speaker plays a part in vehicles as well

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Nothing like a 2d platformer to utilize the WiiMote.

This makes me very much happy. I'm officially looking forward to this.