By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Infinite Undiscovery gonna play like ff12?

I thought FFXII played like a dream, it was the story and the characters (besides Balthier) that needed major improvement. If IU takes a similar path but has a engaging story as well as some interesting characters, I will certainly be a 360 owner.

Around the Network
pearljammer said:
I thought FFXII played like a dream, it was the story and the characters (besides Balthier) that needed major improvement. If IU takes a similar path but has a engaging story as well as some interesting characters, I will certainly be a 360 owner.

IU's story sounds pretty chessy to me and the characters will probably be shallow stereotypes

Riachu said:
pearljammer said:

IU's story sounds pretty chessy to me and the characters will probably be shallow stereotypes

You're probably right, that terrible voice acting doesn't really help it's case either. I will, however, remain hopeful.

pearljammer said:
Riachu said:
pearljammer said:

You're probably right, that terrible voice acting doesn't really help it's case either. I will, however, remain hopeful.

So 3 had a great script but terrible voice acting, you would have thought they might have learnt their lesson

Munkeh111 said:
pearljammer said:
Riachu said:
pearljammer said:

So 3 had a great script but terrible voice acting, you would have thought they might have learnt their lesson

The VA wasn't that bad.  The main cast for the most part were well-done.  A few minor characters like Farleen and Welch were definitely grating on my nerves.  I thought the script was very good too.  Just asking but what defines a 'great script' to you?  I think it is when the words actually make sense and have no spelling errors.  Not everyone has the same opinions on the VA in SO3.

Around the Network

^ With JRPG's it doesnt neccessarily need an awesome script, but what it does need to do is tell it amazingly well. At the same time if the developers can draw you into each character it makes your feelings involved with your every step. That makes or breaks a JRPG. Battle system next, then the level up system. If people here say FF12 was great then LO was the best ever.

Riachu said:
Munkeh111 said:
pearljammer said:
Riachu said:
pearljammer said:

The VA wasn't that bad.  The main cast for the most part were well-done.  A few minor characters like Farleen and Welch were definitely grating on my nerves.  I thought the script was very good too.  Just asking but what defines a 'great script' to you?  I think it is when the words actually make sense and have no spelling errors.  Not everyone has the same opinions on the VA in SO3.

It made me laugh. However, I am not that far through the story yet