By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Infinite Undiscovery gonna play like ff12?

The only problem with FFXII was the character development. All the rest was a big hit for me. If Matsuno didn´t fall sick and left SE, the game would have been perfect and the best FF ever. I personally consider Matsuno far better than Sakaguchi.

The IU battle system is going to be real-time and action-oriented. It may be the case that you won´t be able the whole party, but only one character. I´m not expecting much from the game, except a very good battle system and good graphics. The antagonist is ridiculous, the voice-overs are horrible, lip-synching is out of place and the character design is godawful. At least that´s my impression from the latest trailer and I´m really unhappy with Tri-ACe. I hope they don´t mess up SO4 and the next console Valkyrie Profile.

Around the Network

FF3 was worse then FF12. (Japanese 3.)

I'd put FF7 worse then 12 as well.

Though I will agree FF12 wasn't a very good RPG game... and did have one of the weakest stories of a FF game.

It was fun... but would of been more fun if it would of ditched the albatross that was the story.

The problem is... most people judge RPGs mostly on the story.  In this FF12 had one of the worst stories.  The NES ones had better stories because you weren't forced to sit through anything.

selnore i cant defend you because they are right, you cant say hardcore prefer one thing etc.

Im hardcore i didnt like it, but that doesnt mean others wont. I expressed my opinion.

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Kasz216 said:

FF3 was worse then FF12. (Japanese 3.)

I'd put FF7 worse then 12 as well.

Though I will agree FF12 wasn't a very good RPG game... and did have one of the weakest stories of a FF game.

It was fun... but would of been more fun if it would of ditched the albatross that was the story.

The problem is... most people judge RPGs mostly on the story.  In this FF12 had one of the worst stories.  The NES ones had better stories because you weren't forced to sit through anything.

exactly and its why i find 10 so danm good.

12s combat was pretty great, i had no problem with it at all, and if it had a story, easily one of the best FF in the series.

The problem is is that it didnt, in my opinion of course. And FF is ALL about story if you ask me, and of course awsome cutscenes and summons hehehe.

BCNR34 said:
Fuzzmosis said:
Let's defend the yelling of moves for a second: They are fighting monsters. If I didn't suddenly yell out "Tornado Backhand Upercut" my teammates may not know what I'm doing and get in the way! I don't want to Tornado Backhand Uppercut fiesty princess character!

hilarious.

i had to turn the trailer off after they started yelling out their moves, it was unbearable.

That's what happens in Star Ocean, I hear Cliff shouting "Sphere of Might" every 5 seconds. That game is great, and I think IU will be similar, but my main problem is with the fact that it is easy to accidentaly do the special attacks, and 2 save points are too far apart, and last time I played, I went for 45mins without a save point, only for the game to freeze (maybe due to PS3 emulation) I have been put off a bit ever since

Around the Network
ArtznCraphs said:
FFXII is incredible. Just the layout of the world alone puts it above the rest of the series. The sidequests are the best they have ever been, the way they tie into the monster hunts and vice versa.

What people don't realize is that the developers put control of the experience in the players hands. You don't have to use Gambits, or Wait mode. Playing on active mode without gambits, having to give commands on the fly makes the combat more challenging than ever. Alot of gamers just aren't used to thinking of what they can bring to the table to make a game experience better, or being given the tools/options to do so.

"Team Ivalice" (FFT, Vagrant Story, FFXII) is the best thing Square has going.

But anyways, IU is not set up like FFXII

yes the first part is right, but thats because we are advancing in technology. I cant really compare it to FF 8 etc, when they were not capable of doing that on ps1 etc.

Putting it in the hands of the player is good. And i agree completely on gambit deal, but playing without gambits doesnt make it harder, just makes it annoying (like having to constantly remove poisen).

I think pretty well thanks, and i just did not enjoy it.

But the whole put it in players hands with the license board fails to me. Yea sure you can make one guy go gun another bow etc. But later in the game, the game forces you or urges you to all go down one path. You all have to get accesseries etc. And it felt like i had a bunch of clones by the end of the game. What was the point in the different characters if they are all the same?

FF T was miles ahead of this game, specially in story.

@ bingoo, I felt that each character was unique, even if it was not to the extent of X's characters (with the exception of Kimarhi, who is useless). I did not use gambits on vaan, and thouroughly enjoyed the game

they were all unique....but the development was no there. And i did not care for any of them. Also vann was NOT a main character. I could care less for the kid and he was certainly not the focus at all of all the characters.

Also vanns design.........just screams gay

I didn't like FFXII. I tried to but it wasn't for me. I defended the game from its critic's initially citing how customizable the battle system was and how the license board reminded me of the spear grid, but 30 hours into the game I was bored, my characters started becoming increasing similar because the small size of the license board, and I didn't care for the story or characters.

Bingoo said:
they were all unique....but the development was no there. And i did not care for any of them. Also vann was NOT a main character. I could care less for the kid and he was certainly not the focus at all of all the characters.

Also vanns design.........just screams gay

Welcome to every final fantasy game ever?  The only difference was that the older systems did a much better job of hiding the effeminate characters.  Nobody looks effeminate as a short little blocky guy.

Check out the concept art for Cloud, Kefka, Cecil... etc.

Hell, just look at eyeshadow transvestite/Jrock star crisis core sephiroth.