By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Infinite Undiscovery gonna play like ff12?

i watched the trailer on the 360 and i am concerned about the battle system.  i didnt like the one from 12. 

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

the battle system is actual real-time and not the real time/turn based hybrid from FFXII

It looks more like Star Ocean battle system. It is also made by the same people.

i hope they wont be yelling out their attacks constantly. It seemed rather ... silly.

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
i hope they wont be yelling out their attacks constantly. It seemed rather ... silly.

Acoording to this "new" trailer, yes.Like I said it looks way more like Star Ocean battle system than FFXII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-kuL-LhMW8

Around the Network

yeah, thats the video i saw. The characters looked a little childish as well, but i was ok with that. As long as i am able to easily determine their gender.

ill have to see if i can find a cheap copy of star ocean somewhere then.

im pretty sure it will be like star ocean for the combat

It will be very similar to Star Ocean, which I quite liked, but I did prefer FF battle systems

No point in saying what everyone else said, but it I will anyhow!

It should be completely real time....like Star Ocean.

But I actually prefer the turn based systems and even the hybird turn based/real time systems personally.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

MrBubbles said:
yeah, thats the video i saw. The characters looked a little childish as well, but i was ok with that. As long as i am able to easily determine their gender.

ill have to see if i can find a cheap copy of star ocean somewhere then.

Final Fantasy might not be the game for you, lol.

Anyway, I loved XII. The battle system has hidden depth, and some really fantstic possibilities. I put 105 hours in before I beat the final boss, and I still had the final hunt to go and had only reached level 65ish on all my characters.

The weakness of the game was in the lack of character development through the first half, which turned most people off.

Either way, I don't think we as a community, should be worried that you might not a FFXIIish battle system. Particularly if most hardcore fans, and most reviewers loved it.

1. Battles shouldn't be random

2. Battles shouldn't require loading

3. Battles should require strategy, and have a very deep fighting engine

If XIII meets all of these modern standards, then the gameplay will be fine, at least according to all other past Final Fantasy games, which have been amazing and leaders of their genre.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.