By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - what if the next final fantasy is bad?

MrBubbles said:
dno,

the 6.6 billion people who dont own the game must be right. right?

See how poor ad populum arguments are?

The game didnt deserve the scores it was getting. A perfect game should be perfect. The reviewers should have absolutely nothing bad to say about it.

thats a stupid arguement because there are billions of people who never played a game in their life. See how poor that argument is?

GTA came out smashed every release record ever... thats means something. (that it was good)

No game is perfect and no game ever will be. a perfect score does not always mean a perfect game every reviewer will tell you that. But it stands out to be the best game of the year and i bet u it will be. its already the highest selling game of the year so even if it doesnt win R doesnt care.

All im trying to say is that if u didnt like it fine but MILLIONS of people did and because of that its gonna be the highest selling game of most likely the gen. I think a game that is awesome to play and breaks ever sales record earned its score.

Around the Network
Ajax said:
you talk about GTA IV being overrated, and then you say Dno shouldn't talk about overrated games.. 0_o

Thank you

Final Fantasy games (the main series) simply cannot be bad. Saying that a game is bad just because you don't like it's completely unfair. I don't like FFVIII at all. Really hate it, actualy. But I would never say it's a bad game. It's just not for me. If you say any FF game is bad, there's always going to be someone there to disagree with you.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Dno said:

This turned into a thread about  review scores and if the series earned it. That was what i was stating. Cease your typing and begin learning to read.

No, it didnt.  As much as you just wanted to disrupt the discussion.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Dno said:

thats a stupid arguement because there are billions of people who never played a game in their life. See how poor that argument is?

GTA came out smashed every release record ever... thats means something. (that it was good)

No game is perfect and no game ever will be. a perfect score does not always mean a perfect game every reviewer will tell you that. But it stands out to be the best game of the year and i bet u it will be. its already the highest selling game of the year so even if it doesnt win R doesnt care.

All im trying to say is that if u didnt like it fine but MILLIONS of people did and because of that its gonna be the highest selling game of most likely the gen. I think a game that is awesome to play and breaks ever sales record earned its score.

Yeah...obviously you failed to get the point??  I would have talked slower had i known you would require that. 

Stop disrupting and get back on topic.   You wish to discuss those other games or GTA in depth, go make a thread.  Id be happy to tell you youre wrong there.

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Final Fantasy 13 my review score. Non fan boy review score. Perfect game = 17 out of 10. Must buy.
Op: FF XIII will not be a bad game. FF XIII = Greatest game of all time.

Johann said:
Final Fantasy games (the main series) simply cannot be bad. Saying that a game is bad just because you don't like it's completely unfair. I don't like FFVIII at all. Really hate it, actualy. But I would never say it's a bad game. It's just not for me. If you say any FF game is bad, there's always going to be someone there to disagree with you.

I will agree that a game isnt bad merely because someone doesnt like it.  But opposite that, just because someone likes a particular game, doesnt mean it wasnt bad.

FF XIII will be great, I just watched the trailer again (again) and it just looks incredible, and I do love my FF FMVs. SE have been working on this for ages, and if it not great, their reputation will be ruined. FF will be the best RPG they release (very likely) as it is their flagship product, and they want to use that to lure people into other SE games, that are more obscure, such as the Last Remnant, Star Ocean and maybe even Infinite Undiscovery (even though that is only on 360)

However, FF XIII is not the reason why the PS3 will win the battle of the RPGs, it will win because Japan hates the 360, so the jRPGs will sell far more on PS3. Howevre, that does not mean that the PS3 will have more and better RPGs, especially with Mistwalker working exclusively for M$, and the IU exclusivity. However, I think that XIII and vXIII will have enough of an effect to make PS3 the place for jRPGs (eventually) with WKC and probably SO 4 as well.

MrBubbles said:
Johann said:

I will agree that a game isnt bad merely because someone doesnt like it.  But opposite that, just because someone likes a particular game, doesnt mean it wasnt bad.

Well, you're right about that one. I guess I'm saying that it takes a lot for me to consider a game actualy "bad". That would have to be a complete shitfest like Shaq-Fu (now I think we can all agree that that one sucked)

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

non event

GT5 is far more important

Time to Work !