By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This year is a big year for the Wii - how do you think it'll end?

*bleu-ocelot* said:
TWRoO said:
NJ5 said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

No announced titles that will match the sucess of SSBB,MK,and Wiifit.

Ah, that's what you meant... Nintendo doesn't tend to hype their titles too early. I'm pretty sure Nintendo has a few cards up the sleeve, we've had a few signs of that already!

And why exactly do they have to.... there are no announced titles for the 360 that will match GTAIV, and there is only 1 for the PS3 (GT5)... and you have to bare in mind that MS and particularly Sony have gone out of their way to announce all the titles that are worth anything that might be coming out in the next 2 years. Nintendo hasn't even fully announced it's lineup for the next quarter.

Your point is worthless.

like NJ5 says, there are enough franchises and possible titles from Nintendo alone to keep the Wii interest till the end of the generation.

I personally am looking forward to F-Zero, Animal Crossing, hopefully a wave race. And the mother of all, the next installment of The Legend of Zelda.

Well,until they announce something,my point is 100% valid.

No... actually not, since your argument was originally about the AAA games actually released this year. If you're going to explain yourself, at least try to explain your original statements.

This is invisible text!

Around the Network

Bleu, judging from past trends...

You are the normal troll.

The Wii does great, holiday numbers in May, and you bash it. It makes you look soooo much

Mature-sarcasm

On topic, this will be the Wii's finest year. Wii will sell around 20-24 mil this year with production increases. Also, there are no more games coming out for the Ps3 and 360 that could possibly match the Brawl, Mkwii, and Wiifit combo. (mgs4 isn't as big as the 3 alone, why be big as them combined.)

Bleu, stay in school, do some homework. Read a book.

Ok then, your point is valid until E3.

What you used that point for though, was to make your first point.... If Nintendo are going to be whimpering because they don't have a game as huge as Wiifit/SSBB/MKWii for the rest of the year, what are Sony and MS going to be doing, slitting their wrists?

And you can't hide behind "I only mentioned the Wii" because that makes no sense, the Wii is comparable to the PS360 whether anyone likes it or not, those two consoles are what we have to base the Wiis success on, or perhaps the past PS2 sales, which it will also be beating this Christmas.

End up without HDD,720p like Xbox,Voice chat & better friend list for preventing the invasion of Pedobear.

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=1306

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

*bleu-ocelot* said:

If your point is that whimpering means releasing anything less than MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit, then that's very far from being 100% valid, no matter what is or isn't announced.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
Killergran said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
TWRoO said:
NJ5 said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

No announced titles that will match the sucess of SSBB,MK,and Wiifit.

Ah, that's what you meant... Nintendo doesn't tend to hype their titles too early. I'm pretty sure Nintendo has a few cards up the sleeve, we've had a few signs of that already!

And why exactly do they have to.... there are no announced titles for the 360 that will match GTAIV, and there is only 1 for the PS3 (GT5)... and you have to bare in mind that MS and particularly Sony have gone out of their way to announce all the titles that are worth anything that might be coming out in the next 2 years. Nintendo hasn't even fully announced it's lineup for the next quarter.

Your point is worthless.

like NJ5 says, there are enough franchises and possible titles from Nintendo alone to keep the Wii interest till the end of the generation.

I personally am looking forward to F-Zero, Animal Crossing, hopefully a wave race. And the mother of all, the next installment of The Legend of Zelda.

No... actually not, since your argument was originally about the AAA games actually released this year. If you're going to explain yourself, at least try to explain your original statements.

By that i meant;until they announce some AAA game(s) for the remainder of the year,my point is 100% valid and still is.

NJ5 said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

If your point is that whimpering means releasing anything less than MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit, then that's very far from being 100% valid, no matter what is or isn't announced.

So you think the wii magically sells almost 1mil units a month in NA without any push from these games!?Which is why i said the Wii would go out with a wimper,unless they announce some games that would match the successes of those games.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
NJ5 said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

So you think the wii magically sells almost 1mil units a month in NA without any push from these games!?Which is why i said the Wii would go out with a wimper,unless they announce some games that would match the successes of those games.

The push from those games will continue to be felt... Besides, were you here last year when the Wii was selling out even without so many big games? No matter what Nintendo announces, the end of 2008 will still see enormous Wii sales.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

TWRoO said:
Ok then, your point is valid until E3.

What you used that point for though, was to make your first point.... If Nintendo are going to be whimpering because they don't have a game as huge as Wiifit/SSBB/MKWii for the rest of the year, what are Sony and MS going to be doing, slitting their wrists?

And you can't hide behind "I only mentioned the Wii" because that makes no sense, the Wii is comparable to the PS360 whether anyone likes it or not, those two consoles are what we have to base the Wiis success on, or perhaps the past PS2 sales, which it will also be beating this Christmas.

Actually i only did mention the Wii,so im not hiding behind anything.I was comparing the Wii's recent sucesses to what could happen later on this year.

NJ5 said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
NJ5 said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

The push from those games will continue to be felt... Besides, were you here last year when the Wii was selling out even without so many big games? No matter what Nintendo announces, the end of 2008 will still see enormous Wii sales.

Sure it will be,im not denying that.People buy the Wii for the console not the games,right? What we know so far;which is literally nothing about their holiday lineup.How can you say the impact from these recent games will be matched by some unknown games?Which is why i stated;that the wii will go out with a wimper.Games drive consoles,unless people are just buying it because of the waggle stick.=)