By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your top 3 game designers?

Peter Molyneux
Atsushi Inaba
Hideo Kojima
Shigeru Miyamoto
Warren Spector
Yoshiaki Koizumi
Keita Takahashi

Around the Network

1. Yu Suzuki
2. Hideo Kojima
3. Shigeru Miyamoto

Strategyking92 said:
1. Bioware
2. Paradox Interactive
3.Creative Assembly

Finally someone nominates the Creative Assembly!!!  Never heard of the Total War series? Absolutely amazing...

My favourites:

1. Ensemble Studios:  creators of Age of Empires and Age of Mythology

2. Creative Assembly: creators of Total War 

3. Will Wright: Spore looks incredible...can't wait for that game... 

Miyamoto, Schafer, Kojima, Yu Suzuki, Tetsuya Nomura, Takashi Tokita (Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, etc.) , Shinji Mikami (RE), Sam Houser (GTA), Takashi Nishiyama & Hiroshi Matsumoto (Street Fighter creators)

Hmmm. Tough call. I guess this would probably be my list:

1. Shigeru Miyamoto - He's created many of my favorite franchises, and still to this day keeps making great games on a regular basis. I love Shiggy!

2. Koji Igarashi - He revolutionized Castlevania with Symphony of the Night, and has kept up making quality Castlevania-games ever since. I like him.

3. Masahiro Sakurai - Even though I'm not the biggest Kirby-fan(I don't dislike it, but I don't particularly like it much either), he did produce the Super Smash Bros.-series, and for that I just have to love him :P

Around the Network

HMMMM. So many choices.

Warren Spector (system shock, Thief, Deus Ex) Massive innovator. Read up on his games before you dismiss him.

Richard Garriott Modern RPG's and MMO's wouldn't exist if it wasn't for him.

Sid Meier Most innovative turn based strategy developer. Creator of Civilisation.

Will Wright Creator of sim city, the sims and spore. Casual gaming wouldn't be the same. I'm betting that nintendo wouldn't have made the wii the way it is, if it wasn't for his success.

versace

valentino

Amarni

lol

Thats easy

1. Shigeru Miyamoto

2. Shigeru

3. Miyamoto 

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I also respect Shinji Makami(creator of Resident Evil and Devil May Cry), Koji Igarashi(current producer of Castlevania), and Akihiro Hino(CEO/President of Level 5)

Yeah, creative assembly is great, but they used to be so much better... Before Rome: total war. Now their games seem a little unbalanced.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive