By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz Store "Add to Cart" button

Look through any page with a list of games on it. You'll find an "Add to Cart" button next to each and every title that is available in the VGChartz store.

Absolutely fantastic an idea, except for one thing.

That button is hella annoying.

I recommend the button be replaced with a much smaller "shopping cart" icon, perhaps one cut from one of the following buttons:

Additionally, I recommend the button be placed to the right of the game title, instead of below. And lastly, I recommend the cart have a "mouseover" function that displays the text "Add to shopping cart" next to the cursor. This way, there will be no confusion over what the shopping cart could possibly mean. And every page will become far more aesthetic.

Thoughts?

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

I agree, but ioi got to get money some how.

PSN ID: getrdone25

I 100% agree. The first thing I think of when I look at the top 5 now is how damn big those buttons are. They are really too much and very distracting.

getrdone said:
I agree, but ioi got to get money some how.

That's why there will still be an "Add to Cart" button, just not so stinking huge like that one. It'll still be quite noticeable, but it won't be as ugly and large as that one. 

Edit: I just took the liberty of creating an example. Not quite up to par with what the site would want to use (I only made it in MSPaint... it'd need to be made in a higher-quality program to make the background transparent and to preserve the color quality).

The idea is still true, though.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Bump.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

it used to be just as you want it. Maybe ioi found that people weren't clicking those links often enough compared to in the game database.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I actually think ioi should keep the button as it is more obvious, and just add another column for it, between publisher and weeks on the market, so that everything looks a little cleaner.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
I actually think ioi should keep the button as it is more obvious, and just add another column for it, between publisher and weeks on the market, so that everything looks a little cleaner.

Nail. Head. Hit. Word4 (required)

It is quite annoying that it mucks all the rows up

I believe a shopping cart button would be quite obvious enough, if placed in the correct position. It really all comes down to positioning.

However, on that line of reasoning, I do agree that we could keep the current button... if positioned better. I think a cart button would be less intrusive and still be just as effective in pulling in sales, but I can't say the current button would be bad to keep, if positioned right. Just not as good.

SW-5120-1900-6153