By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is "The Conduit" A must buy for you?

Meh, I expect reviews to be in the low 50's - mid 60's, no higher than that.

I honestly can't understand why anyone would want a totally lame and generic looking shooter from a developer that has made nothing but shit in it's 15 year history.

Around the Network

Waiting to see how previews say controls feel... because that is really the only reason one would choose it over an offering on the 360 or pc

--OkeyDokey-- said:

I honestly can't understand why anyone would want a totally lame and generic looking shooter from a developer that has made nothing but shit in it's 15 year history.

not saying that i agree/disagree with this, but i've noticed that you are constantly bringing this particular game down in almost any thread (okay, i've only seen two today and took that as "almost any" :P) with a relation to condult in some way.. did you have trouble with PaperBoy on n64 as a child? :P

double

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see this game get in the 70s or 80s for one simple reason ... High Voltage is funding the development.

Now a lot of people don't understand why this would be important and I will explain. There are tons of developers like High Voltage which develop (often crappy) licenced games mainly because they have built a reputation for being able to accept a project, produce it on time and on/under budget; in spite of what a lot of people would assume these developers are not necessarily untalented, they just tend to be under very strict time and budget constraints where they simply can't produce a 'Great' game.

Being that they're funding the development themself it is fair to assume that they no longer want to be associated with licenced games and may want to become a well respected developer. This also gives them a certain benefit that other developers don't have, if they end up in a position where their budget is depleted and they could use an additional 6 to 12 months of development to polish their title they can then approach a publisher who will take on the project because it will become very low risk; in contrast, games like Lair and Haze were dumped on the market well before the developer would have thought that the game was complete which resulted in low quality games.

As long as it's good, of course. It would be nice to play a great FPS again, considering COD4, Orange Box and Halo3 was a massive disappointment after playing the extremely more superior Metroid Prime 3. It's funny how much difference the Wiimote makes, it makes playing with a traditional controller a painful experience

Around the Network
melbye said:
As long as it's good, of course. It would be nice to play a great FPS again, considering COD4, Orange Box and Halo3 was a massive disappointment after playing the extremely more superior Metroid Prime 3. It's funny how much difference the Wiimote makes, it makes playing with a traditional controller a painful experience

Thats like saying... "this sushi is so much better becuase I get to eat it with chopsticks"

MP3 is one of the finest titles on the Wii, but "extremely more superior" than COD4, Orange Box and Halo 3 goes beyond subjective opinion.

All three have deserved more of my play time than MP3 (even Halo, despite my general dislike for the franchise).

While the IR camera is a much better aiming device than an analog stick ever will be, the aiming controls for MP3, while volumes better than MP, were far from superior. While nowhere near as abysmal as the Far Cry port, MP3's controls were still not as reliable as a polished FPS game on the 360 or PS3.

I will get around to finishing MP3 eventually, but I do grow tired of people using that one example of why the Wii is a strong FPS platform. It could be, but it isn't. Japanese devs won't create good FPS titles on the platform because they just aren't a popular genre in Japan.

If it's decent I'll pick it up. I can't say a must buy because it might be crap. Flashy grahics aren't everything. The controls could handle like a dog. I know that I'm going to have to duck flying tomatoes after this, but I'm looking more forward to Red Steel 2. I really think that all of the bugs from the first one will be fixed. Also, if they can do sword-fighting online I'm there.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

disolitude said:
melbye said:

Thats like saying... "this sushi is so much better becuase I get to eat it with chopsticks"

If you other alternative is to eat it with a spoon that is covered in feces that would be the correct analogy ...

i need to see more, before taking a decision

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989