By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is "The Conduit" A must buy for you?

No matter that outcome. I am picking up this one just to support it.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Around the Network

Considering that the graphics are what's being pitched as the groundbreaking feature, no sell unless the game stands well on the basis of good design, sharp controls and solid game play.

We already have FPS games coming up for the PS3 and 360 in addition to the ones already out with visuals that will never be matched by the Wii ever, so why would a multi platform player choose this instead unless (see above) the game stands well on the basis of good design, sharp controls and solid game play?

Words Of Wisdom said:

It sounds like another generic shooter to me.

I don't know why people here are shouting "must-buy."

It is another generic shooter. The only thing is that this game is on the Wii and we don't get good FPS. There are few people like me that play 1 FPS per generation. This one looks promising enough to be that FPS.

If the reviews are decent, I'll pick it up.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

There is no chance I'll ever buy the game. I'd never buy a FPS that wasn't on PC or a DS like system. I like shooters. I bought Ghost Squad and Link's Crossbow Training last year, rented RE: UC and House of the Dead 2 & 3 recently, and just bought Sky Kid on VC. However, modern console FPS seem too complex, competitive, and unfun to me.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

I think the thing that will make it different from the generic Ps3/360 FPS games are the controls. If the controls are as good as MP3 then this will be a significant improvement to the HD console control scheme (though inferior to PC). Also, they seem to be putting alot of time and effort in this to get it right. That does not mean it is going to be a good game, but it increases the chances.

Now, is this a must buy now? Not even close. All we have seen are the graphics and heard that there is online multiplayer. It could end up being a pile of steaming crap :P
But, since this is the FPS that seems to have the most hope it is defiantly worth watching. Let's see what comes out on this game in the months ahead.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network

no, I don´t like the FPS.

If you like FPS games, there is no need to wait for this game or mark the release date on the calendar.

One should just get a 360...and if this game turns out good, thats great and one should buy it as well...but even if it turns out amazing it won't be as good as Halo 3 or COD4.

TheRealMafoo said:
bigjon said:
could be a purchase if it turns out to be a pretty decent game...

wow, all these "I don't know... maybe" replies. No wonder no 3rd party games come out on the Wii.

For no other reason then to prove that it's a viable location for 3rd parties to develope, every Wii owner should buy this game.

if you want to prove that the wii is viable for 3rd parties, get a game we know is good already insteady of placing you hopes on a game we don't know very much about.

on topic though, its a wait and see for me. 

disolitude said:
If you like FPS games, there is no need to wait for this game or mark the release date on the calendar.

One should just get a 360...and if this game turns out good, thats great and one should buy it as well...but even if it turns out amazing it won't be as good as Halo 3 or COD4.

But the best FPS are on PC.  Maybe the person should just upgrade their graphic card and buy a PC FPS for less?

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

FreeTalkLive said:
disolitude said:

But the best FPS are on PC.  Maybe the person should just upgrade their graphic card and buy a PC FPS for less?

Like what Crysis =p? I am serious,  I really can't tell witch huge new FPS PC exlusive is coming to the PC.

Conduit must buy?  Hell no,   People expecting a lot of this game when they didn't saw much of it yet...

The game CAN be a failure.