By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What's up with the 360 data?

This is why i always laugh when people "analyze" the weekly numbers as if they are ever correct. They always get changed and this is sad that even with NPD as a monthly guide the American numbers weren't even correct. Well at least all these other places are quoting the sites numbers, hopefully they notice the numbers they quote end up being wrong and changed.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Around the Network

Adjustments suck, especially if you are a number cruncher that tracks sales week-by-week, month-by-month like many of us do, or if you make celebration threads.

They're nessecary though, of course. I'm glad ioi adusts the numbers from time to time, but it's unfortunate that we don't always know the reasons for them.

Personally I've claimed several times that I believe that the X360 was over-tracked in 2008 (by 10% or more, worldwide).

And the 300k decrease translates into a 10% shave off. We now have 3.33 2.77mill X360 units sold in the year so far, instead of +3 mill.

Hmm... wonder if the X360 still is overtracked though. Those "Others/others" numbers look still very high...

Thats like a 300k mess up wtf?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Everstar said:

Yes, the idea is that the 360 was being over tracked over a longer period of time (for example, two months) and after looking at all of the other available data there were some corrections to be made.  The 360 was over tracked in the US last month, compared to NPD, by a wide margin.  VGC also under tracked the Wii by a large margin last month, as well as overtracking the PS3 (all numbers for US).

The 360 is just not selling fast. 

TheBigFatJ said:
Everstar said:

Yes, the idea is that the 360 was being over tracked over a longer period of time (for example, two months) and after looking at all of the other available data there were some corrections to be made.  The 360 was over tracked in the US last month, compared to NPD, by a wide margin.  VGC also under tracked the Wii by a large margin last month, as well as overtracking the PS3 (all numbers for US).

The 360 is just not selling fast. 

its funny...everytime the 360 looks like it will pass 19 million worldwide it gets pushed back lol

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Diomedes is not a greek God, he was a Character in the Illiad, one of the few greeks to actually make it home safe and sound if i remember correctly. And he had one of the best scenes in the epic

300k is very marginal adjustment. Now we need ioi to adjust PS3 sales up by 500k and everything will be sweet.

Rock_on_2008 said:
300k must of been replacement 360's

Not very subtle will your PS3 love lol

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
300k must of been replacement 360's

Not very subtle will your PS3 love lol

I edited my post lol. Damn I made an error with that post lol.

Sainsbury's!