By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - US Sales 5/24/08 Nintendomination!

Hardware Sales, 24th May 2008

America

Software isnt out yet, but holy crap at Wii hardware!

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

Just so you know, my thread is still different because you avoided the most amazing topic.

Ps3 is starting to die

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

So what's the explanation for PS3 and 360 sales dropping so much? Slowing economy, or GTAIV boost disappearing? Maybe the sustained high sales PS360 had seen before were due to GTAIV after all...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

darthdevidem01 said:
Ps3 is starting to die

Incredible sales for Nintendo consoles=Lower sales for other consoles.

It's practically tied with the 360 although North America is supposed to be the 360's strongest territory. 

Around the Network

Who cares about this weeks figure...the adjusted 360 WW figures cut the gap to 5.85 mill from 6.09!

PS3 closing in!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

well maybe 360 will get a boost with ng2 and ps3 with mgs4, but i don't think will be really big. Until the 360 price cut i suppose 360 hw will rest around 50k.

Maybe people are holding off the 40gb and waiting for the 80gb PS3 since it's so close and a much better deal.

well we know why numbers took so long now

Good numbers but I'm a little surprised that Nintendo didn't ship more Wii, wasn't the WiiFit release supposed to be a lot bigger than the Mario Kart Wii release week ?

PS3 numbers will stay low till MGS4 release. This is the first bundle NA will see in 6 months and right now you would be plain stupid or just not well informed to buy a PS3 now when you can get one in 3 weeks with a free game ( and one of the best PS3 game this gen so far).
It's not the same issue in Others as they have had bundles selling every week since GT5P release...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !