By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

US files complaint over European tech tariffs

GENEVA - The United States has filed a complaint with the World Trade Organization over European tariffs on high-tech good such as computer monitors and printers.

The global commerce body confirmed Wednesday that it received the U.S. complaint, which initiates a 60-day consultation period with the European Union. After that the U.S. may ask a WTO panel to rule on the dispute.

U.S. companies have long complained about the European import taxes.

The dispute concerns the 27-nation EU's compliance with a 1996 agreement on lowering tariffs for high-tech goods.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080528/ap_on_hi_te/wto_tech_goods

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Europe! Europe! Europe!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

USA! USA! USA!

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Europe! Europe! Europe!

USA! USA! USA!

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

U.S. companies have long complained about the European import taxes.

Oh I really hope that the US wins this. As a EU customer who gets ripped off by our idiotic governments and the even more idiotic EU government I want to support our american friends in this matter.

And we in Norway just sit back and laugh.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Europe!

Europe!

Japan!

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her