By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1UP Review --- Ninja Gaiden 2 --- **B-**

JaggedSac said:
Wow, I completely killed this thread.

there's nothing else to say, NG2 has linear level design, same crappy story, horrid VOs, awful camera, great combat and challenging but rewarding gameplay.

Around the Network

Rachet and Clank: Future Tools of Destruction

Site Profile GameSpot

10/23/2007

7.5 out of 10

75.0%

Review mean averages ftw.

...that the duo's first outing on the PlayStation 3 finds them facing an identity crisis of sorts. The game just can't decide what it wants to be. The story tries to be epic in its scope and appeal to an older audience, but the game is extremely easy and the story's premise is thin and the ending disappointing. The core gameplay of shooting and platforming is as solid as ever, but it's diluted by too many uninteresting minigames and unnecessary gameplay mechanics. Although these issues prevent the game from achieving the same high level as previous entries in the series, it's still a very good game.

Just because a reviewer can write well, doesn't mean they still aren't writing an opinion. Cherrypicking the "Oh snap" moments of any review and then laughing at the fans of that game online because of that review, makes me sick. Most hardcore fans will be playing this game long after it's been patched and you've forgotten about it in your little console wars.

Games like Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, which might have gotten terrible reviews, but still manages to blow Super Mario Galaxy, Bioshock, and GTAIV out of the water for enveloping story, epic battles, and deep rewarding gameplay.

...also right now, NG2 has a rounded average of 84. That's the exact same score as the final score for DMC4.

Now, I loved DMC4, it's one of my favorite games this generation, and in fact the big "camera" problems in the game and "repeating levels," which were big talking points for negatives about the game, turned out to be nitpicks for fans of the series. In fact, the IGN review directly states that NG2 is better than DMC4.

The average score for a game on metacritic or gamerankings is just an average opinion, not a real one. Anyone can pick the two worse and harshest reviews for the game and then pick the harshest portions of those harshest reviews and post them and talk someone out of buying the game.

The thing is, it's not a bad game....and in the end aren't there really only two types of games, that matter?

The real final fact is, we're flaming a game for not quite reaching AAA status on gamerankings, and it is fanboyism at its purist. If you wouldn't have cared that the game scored AAA one way or another, then you shouldn't care that the game didn't.

The PS3 has yet to score a AAA exclusive, according to gamerankings, until MGS4 gets enough votes to be ranked, that is. Does that really mean that the PS3 has no "great" exclusive games on it, as by you gentlemens logic that's true? Either that, or cherrpicking the 1up and Eurogamer review was just an accident and you no longer trust IGN. I wonder what inspired your bloodlust for this game's reviews. Itagaki hate, fanboyism, misguided trust in gamerankings and bandwagon hopping, all three, or some combination? 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Rachet and Clank: Future Tools of Destruction

Site Profile GameSpot

10/23/2007

7.5 out of 10

75.0%

Review mean averages ftw.

...that the duo's first outing on the PlayStation 3 finds them facing an identity crisis of sorts. The game just can't decide what it wants to be. The story tries to be epic in its scope and appeal to an older audience, but the game is extremely easy and the story's premise is thin and the ending disappointing. The core gameplay of shooting and platforming is as solid as ever, but it's diluted by too many uninteresting minigames and unnecessary gameplay mechanics. Although these issues prevent the game from achieving the same high level as previous entries in the series, it's still a very good game.

Just because a reviewer can write well, doesn't mean they still aren't writing an opinion. Cherrypicking the "Oh snap" moments of any review and then laughing at the fans of that game online because of that review, makes me sick. Most hardcore fans will be playing this game long after it's been patched and you've forgotten about it in your little console wars.

Games like Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, which might have gotten terrible reviews, but still manages to blow Super Mario Galaxy, Bioshock, and GTAIV out of the water for enveloping story, epic battles, and deep rewarding gameplay.

edit : I think I misread your post,,,sorry about that

OT:the game has some technical issues(I think it's been rushed this time) but it will be still one of the better action packed games for the fans of the series,,,, so stop the non-sense comparisons and enjoy the game.

SpartanFX said:

lool,,,what is ratchet and clanck doin in ninja gaiden thread?and you chose the lowest grade of the game to prove what point?that you are an illogical troll?well in that case congradulations,, your mission is accomplished.

OT:the game has some technical issues(I think it's been rushed this time) but it will be still one of the better action packed games for the fans of the series,,,, so stop the non-sense comparisons and enjoy the game.

My point was obvious. Cherrypicking the lowest reviews, like 1up and eurogamer, and quoting them, makes the game look worse than it actually is. The fact that most haters are sony fanboys, I figured I'd hit home with a good game that got a sleight review.

FYI Spartan, Rachet and Clank: Future only has a 5 point average lead on Ninja Gaiden 2, and we know it was a great game.  What's the problem with me pointing that out?

If you'll look at Naznatips post, I think he quoted the worst sections from the worst available reviews of the game, so far and you didn't chastize his post. Neither shall I. Instead, I decided to follow suit. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I blame most of this on voyeurism. We LOVE to see hyped things dissapoint the fans of that thing. So even when a game just kinda dissapoints, we try to rub that slight dissapointment in, in order to get the reaction we want and came to see.

That is definately why I was just in pig heaven when Haze got L.A.I.R. type reviews.

I'm not innocent, but I'm also not afraid to say what's really going on here.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

Kinda funny indeed?

1up rated NGS better than NG2

What do you think of it ??

link : http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3167969

______

So much for it beating MGS4 in reviews as some "fake rumors" suggested

I don't know what to think of Ninja Gaiden 2 because I haven't played it but I do think you are an idiot fanboy. Anyone who is a fan of gaming would want to see games do well.  I guess seeing the Playstation brand lose its dominance really made you frustrated.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
SpartanFX said:

l

My point was obvious. Cherrypicking the lowest reviews, like 1up and eurogamer, and quoting them, makes the game look worse than it actually is. The fact that most haters are sony fanboys, I figured I'd hit home with a good game that got a sleight review.

FYI Spartan, Rachet and Clank: Future only has a 5 point average lead on Ninja Gaiden 2, and we know it was a great game. What's the problem with me pointing that out?

If you'll look at Naznatips post, I think he quoted the worst sections from the worst available reviews of the game, so far and you didn't chastize his post. Neither shall I. Instead, I decided to follow suit.

Sorry I misread your post and I edited my first post accordingly

SpartanFX said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
SpartanFX said:

l

FYI Spartan, Rachet and Clank: Future only has a 5 point average lead on Ninja Gaiden 2, and we know it was a great game. What's the problem with me pointing that out?

Sorry I misread your post and I edited my first post accordingly

It's NP man. I do it all the time, seriously.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Fanboys strike again! NG2 scores are above average. People expecting anything else from this game were deluded

ZenfoldorVGI,
you are write.
In fact, the IGN review directly states that NG2 is better than DMC4, but scored it 8.7 same as DMC4.