By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - NO AFRIKA For Europe --- WHY SONY WHY!!

Quote:
"Sony has told Eurogamer that it will not be publishing Afrika in Europe.

The spokesperson was unable to give anything else away, other than to confirm that it will be seeing the light of day in Japan.

Japan, incidentally, is where the third official sighting of the elusive wildlife game has recently taken place in the form of a placeholder website, which shows a rhino waddling across the screen over the words "Coming Soon...".

The only other times Afrika has stuck its neck out was at its E3 2006 unveiling and at the Tokyo Game Show last year.

Afrika is a safari game that has animals like giraffes, rhinos, lions and more roaming around the plains. Details on what you're supposed to do to these are unclear, although we presume that hunting them down and sticking their heads on your wall may not be it."

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=143321

So there you have it, no Afrika for European gamers.
BUT WHY? What could be the reason! They are losing their main Software territory!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Europe is the closest to Africa, so we don't need a game to experience it.

Ummm... seriously though, pretty weird. Probably incorrect information or something.

Yeah it seems like its April Fools today..

And NO Dualshock 3 for the 12th june

(it may come to Europe in July)

Considering the vibration is important to play MGS4 (according to a french preview) it is quite sad for Europe ...

Time to Work !

Maybe it'll be a Blu-Ray/PsN title in US and Japan and PsN only title in Europe???

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
Around the Network

To me, this sounds like the game isn't turning out even close to what they wanted it to be when they started it, and they themselves view it as a flop. If they have a chance to make more money, they're going to do it. Their choice at this point in time, when we have practically no info of the game, suggests to me that they're already viewing the game as a failed project and deducted that localizing it for Europe would cost them more money than they'd make from it.

But that's just what I think.

@majin

thats THE only explanation..

I suspect that the game probably makes a really cool tech demo, but there is very little that will actually keep the typical gamer interested. Sony might not want to spend the money to localize the game, market it, and produce the physical copies if they're only going to see 25,000 sales.

europe is sony's most loyal and biggest market would be really stupid to not release afrika in europe, but we hardly know anything about this game it may still get euro release

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

There are other publishers out there besides Sony...