By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - finally got BoomBlox and my opinion is...

Great game - from the very first tutorial you knew that it was gonna be one of those games that verbal or written explinations aren't gonna do it justice as you have to feel the controls to appreciate it.  I rate it up there with Korinpa (another must play for any Wii owner) in terms of puzzle games you can only experience on the Wii and it'll be going alongside it in my collection in terms of keepers for that party game that has a little more depth than Wii Sports or Mario and Sonic.

Single player is great fun where the levels seem simple yet soon ramp up to extremely challenging where gold is 1 - 3 throws - no matter how difficult that level is though you always feel and know gold can be acheived, this gives it that just one more go feel to the point where I planned to switch it off today but it took me 2 hours to do so (and only did in the end when the wiimote batteries needed recharging).  

There is suprisingly also a lot of variety in the single player mode with so many different twists on types of levels - these also seem to switch types at exactly the right moment, however the open menu and medal style means you can to and fro until your hearts contempt although if your like me you will get stubbornly addicted to one level and stay there for hours at times with determination that you will acheive gold.

I haven't got to 2 players yet but will do and can only imagine if it has 2 player jenga and turn based style games that it will be great fun also.  All in all this is a great game where the unique controls make the game and should be played by any puzzle loving Wii owner who enjoys those different games the Wii offers.

If this keeps up my top 5 Wii games will be of the puzzle genre.

Around the Network
Me said:

Single player is great fun where the levels seem simple yet soon ramp up to extremely challenging where gold is 1 - 3 throws - no matter how difficult that level is though you always feel and know gold can be acheived.

That's what I love about this game. You always feel like you can do better. "If I just throw it one more time... I'll definitely get it!"

and 10 throws later you're still going at it, trying to find that one block that will make all of the difference. 

And you haven't enjoyed Boom Blox to the fullest until you've played multiplayer with a couple of buddies. Some of the most fun I have ever had on the Wii thus far. And that's saying something.

So... I agree with you, it's definitely a great game. *hi-5* 

If it wasn't 50 dollars... I'd be all over this.

telling you - whatever reasons you have for not buying this game, at least rent it and give yourself one night with it. It's so addictive and such a simple yet well implemented concept - expecially for EA.

Rol - the support EA is giving the Wii right now, they have my full support. Even so far SSX Blur, Godfather and Boom Blox are all worth playing.

It's totally worth 50 bucks, buy it everyone.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Everytime I go into EB games im tempted to buy this game, and only want it more everytime i read a good review. But SOOO many other good games have just come out and I need to finish them first, but deff a future purchace for me.

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

The only thing that spoils the game for me is that there seems to be some sort of knack to throwing a full strength ball.

My sister can do it every time, seemingly with no effort, shots with full power that send blocks flying. But everyone else in the family struggles to do it with any consistancy. We've all sat around together and tried to figure out the method, but with no luck. So we just don't play those levels, it's too annoying to know what you want to do but just not be able to do it.

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - Spinal Tap

Nebnosneh said:
The only thing that spoils the game for me is that there seems to be some sort of knack to throwing a full strength ball.

My sister can do it every time, seemingly with no effort, shots with full power that send blocks flying. But everyone else in the family struggles to do it with any consistancy. We've all sat around together and tried to figure out the method, but with no luck. So we just don't play those levels, it's too annoying to know what you want to do but just not be able to do it.

try cracking the wii mote like a whip ie getting a full power swing in Wii tennis, keep your swing short as it's not the length it measures but the speed so a short sharp lash with a quick snap back will get you full power almost every time.

The gameplay is pretty fun but the game is missing a lot of the small touches that would have made it an even better game. The menu system is completely horrible for instance. They could have tightened it up. Some extra lighting effects would have been nice too.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

This game is worth the price of the Wii. This is why you bought a Wii, even if you didn't know it.