By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - PS3/360 have wrong Idea

ssj12 said:
bordello said:
@Cryoakira
"In PS3 case, the huge cost of the BR do get in the way."

I agree that it gets in the way at least now in the start, but as the tech becomes cheaper this tech will be of great benefit for gameplay also. It's way to earlie to make assumption at this moment.

I believe that what's hindering the PS3 right now is the lack of content, there are far to few quality games this far. Come fall will probalby boost PS3 sales a lot, when many big titles are released. I don't think it's price as much as lack of content that is getting in the way.

We have to remember that the BR diode in the PS3's price was cut about $100, as well the removal of the EE+GS with the 32MB of ram. These manufacturing cost cuts will slowly allow a price cut which will grant more people who cant afford $600 to get one. Which really a lot of people, who wont admit that can, now a days should be able to afford it with proper budgetting methods. 

Also with the inclusion of DLNA server support there is no reason to upgrade the HDD to anywhere above 120GB like the 360 Elite. I have my DLNA server setup on my server PC with 8TB of space. Of course about 2TBs are being used for game servers, my old website, and other things. But I still can steam 6TB of media to my PS3 at any give time. All thats mainly needed is the PS3 to support more media formats, which will slowly happen.

It's all about ability to use your technology to your advantage to bring you the greatest media setup which without the PS3, its alot harder to bring full media capabilities to your TV.  

very good answer, i wish I could have implemented it myself!

Around the Network

I buy a gaming console for games. If my console can do more than that (playing Audio CD like PS, Photo channel on Wii) I can only be happy, since I don't put a higher price.
The PS2 was a particular case I think since it came as the cheapest DVD player (and the DVD player is really not that great) and the DVD was a big improvement over VHS.
The PSP is great at doing everything that I wasn't looking for... I mean the screen is perfect, it plays MP3, has a web browser... but it sucks when it comes to games.
That's why I don't see myself with a PS3 or a 360 for the next years since I'm not ready to jump into the HD train...
Time to get back to F-Zero GX...

Now Loading... Please Wait!

zsidane said:
I buy a gaming console for games. If my console can do more than that (playing Audio CD like PS, Photo channel on Wii) I can only be happy, since I don't put a higher price.
The PS2 was a particular case I think since it came as the cheapest DVD player (and the DVD player is really not that great) and the DVD was a big improvement over VHS.
The PSP is great at doing everything that I wasn't looking for... I mean the screen is perfect, it plays MP3, has a web browser... but it sucks when it comes to games.
That's why I don't see myself with a PS3 or a 360 for the next years since I'm not ready to jump into the HD train...

Ive contemplated getting a psp, people keep saying the pixels burn out too easily, my friend has owned a psp for a year, and the pixels neve rburnt out.

I guess she was right, multitasking is not for man.

The idea of a multi purpose hardware is to big a concept to catch on, is this what you are saying ?

dpmnymkrprez said:
zsidane said:

Ive contemplated getting a psp, people keep saying the pixels burn out too easily, my friend has owned a psp for a year, and the pixels neve rburnt out.

I had no probleme with my PSP, and the same with my friend (3 PSP), not a signe probleme about pixels burn out!

Now Loading... Please Wait!

Around the Network

think about it, if PS3 doesn't have a blu-ray drive, the sales figure can be 10 times worse now!!! look at the PS3 hardware: software ratio sale figures, the PS3 hardware consistantly outselling the PS3 software in japan.
so it's not really THAT bad.

i have to say i've never use my PS2 to watch any movie DVDs as well.