By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wiimote hurts my hand...can i sue?

MrBubbles said:
can those with asinine comments just stay out of the thread, because it makes you look rather pathetic. *looks at finnbar*

Nintendo has a duty of care to any who purchase their product.

If gun manufacturers can't be held liable for people who are accidentally shot by their products, I'm pretty sure Nintendo can't be held liable for people who play the Wii until it induces pain.

But really, that's for the court to decide. Find a crackpot doctor and a shady lawyer and see if you can win the judicial lottery.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Whenever you press the power button, doesn't a warning sign come up advising you?

OT: Yeah, you should definitely sue.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Nickelbackro, do you know what a duty of care is? Some of your points are ok, but you dont seem to understand the concept.

famousringo, that sounds like its outside the standard of care. proper use of a gun wont result in accidental shootings. unless there is a flaw in the gun, in which case they could be held responsible.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Bleu-ocelot. the same could be asked of you. You're rude.

Mr. Bubbles, Nintendo is not forcing you to play the remote. It even has a warning before you play the game.

Also, if your hand hurts, then why did you type about it, with your hands?

I understand if you sue someone from the way they make their product. I understand if a game system does something to hurt you. But, the system didn't move you didn't it? You moved it. It's your fault, chill.

Around the Network

Str8knox, issues with the wiimote does not equate to pain when typing.

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Do you want to sue for pain and suffering or money?

If pain and suffering, then make sure you read the manuals for the Wii and listen to the warnings. If the problem becomes very serious and is caused by the WiiMote alone due to a serious design flaw and Nintendo does not warn you, you can sue.

If money, go rot.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I have to ask, what's the point of making this thread? You seem to be dead-set on the decision to sue Nintendo.

Also, why not just play with less force? You don't have to swing your arms to hit a ball in Wii Sports. If it still hurts though, I just recommend returning your Wii, or staying away from Motion control heavy games, unless they offer an alternate control scheme for you to use.

Brawl FC: 2106-1814-5245

Lol ok if your going to sue some one first off any law student will know damages = liability.

If your typing then I'm sure the damages are maybe just enough to win you a penny, also check your terms of usage rather than checking on a forum, I'm sure you can get your answer faster there. Can you sue yes, will you get anything no, will you lose something yes.

If your playing a game that uses the IR use my advice above otherwise the Wii isn't for you.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

dtewi, as mentioned, i would be interested in compensation if i develop some problem. obviously the chances arent huge for such a thing occuring, even if i am more susceptible to problems.
i think my issues with it are with the design itself rather than a flaw.