By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Madden 08 Wii Vs. Madden 08 X360 vs. Madden 08 PS3...discuss

What did M07 lack for the 360 version?

I agree NCAA07 lacked, but what else?

IMO, the controls on 360 were better than the Xbox version.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
Um people might want to take a look at vgcharts for madden, not a single million seller on GC. Xbox had 2 maddens go + million.

Nintendo console owners have not show much love to sports titles in the past, so the big sales will come from casual gamers ?

You still believe sales of a previous generation predict the current one? You schmuck. All you did was show that GC games didn't sell as well as on other systems. That means sh*t with predicting Wii game sales.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I don't see why the 360 version will outsell the PS2 version this year. The vast majority of sports gaming fans will still have the PS2 as their primary console. It will probably be the last year it happens, but I expect the PS2 version will be the best seller. I'm not sure sports fans are really flocking to the Wii. Something like Harry Potter on the Wii will probably destroy every other system's version, but as Madden I think the Wii version comes in last (2007 the PS3 version outsold the Wii version despite the PS3's inferior sales).

1. PS2 2.4 million
2. 360 1.5 million
3. PS3 .8 million
4. Wii .6 million

Based on user base when they launch and the basic differences between that base, I see sales for next gen machines being 360 > Wii > PS3. I know I and a couple of my wii friends will be picking up madden '08 who did not buy '07. So I could be wrong, but the fact that 360 has a much larger NA install base means that it has the best opportunity.

Um people might want to take a look at vgcharts for madden, not a single million seller on GC. Xbox had 2 maddens go + million.

Nintendo console owners have not show much love to sports titles in the past, so the big sales will come from casual gamers ?

Well, let's put it this way. The Gamecube version of Madden wasn't that good. On top of that, it didn't have online play. Why would anyone pick it up on the Cube, unless that was the only system they had? I bought Madden on the Cube one year to help support the market, but the game was so buggy and didn't play that well, so I took it back to the store. There's a reason why the Cube versions didn't sell.

I have no idea how the sales of Madden will go this year. There are a lot of factors that come into play, but at least all versions have online play. By the way, if it was all about graphics, then the PS2 version wouldn't have sold as many copies as it did.

-Darkness

Around the Network

The interesting question is 360 vs. PS2. It would be a big win for MS if the 360 version could be top dog this year, but the install base for PS2 will still be 40 million larger, and those gamers don't seem to be rushing to 360 just yet. It will be 2.75 million to 2.25 million, or something.

I think its obvious 360 > Wii > PS3. Not sure how the DS version sold last year, but the PSP version should be right around the Wii version in sales.

The 360 and PS2 versions will both be million sellers, but it will be interesting to see if the Wii and PSP versions will get to that range.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

mrstickball said:
What did M07 lack for the 360 version?

I agree NCAA07 lacked, but what else?

IMO, the controls on 360 were better than the Xbox version.

You are joking right. The proper question would have been did Madden 07 have. The 360/PS3 versions ran at half the frame rate (30fps vs. 60fps), lacked owner mode, the franchise mode was scaled back (See the rookie scouting feature for example), no indiviual defensive player audibles, no ability to lock your best corner on their best reciever or just the ability to set which corner cover who period, you could no longer set up your personal different for each offensive or defensive formation, I could go on but I don't want to use my whole lunch break. Madden 07 for 360/PS3 was pretty much Madden 04/5 for PS2/GC/XBX with the Vision Cone tacked on.

I don't know if anybody's stated this, but the Wii version, I know for a fact, is a complete ground-up build for Wii.

Thus said, here are my predictions.

For the first three months or so (August 11 (release date) to early November), 360 will reign. PS2 will follow closely behind, with Wii trailing at about half the sales and PS3's version suffering even more.

After those three months have passed, though, the Wii version will have generated greater amounts of attention. As we enter the holiday season, the Wii version will rapidly gain on the PS2 and 360 versions.

Additionally, the holiday season will mark the start of declination in PS2 sales (in general) as more fans begin moving to the new generation. So, I'll predict that the Wii Madden will ultimately win (100%), with 360's version very close behind (95%?), PS2 at about 75% sales, and PS3 at about 40%.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I think Wii will beat PS3 this year for Madden sales since the hardware gap has widened between the two by a lot more this year. 360 and PS2 will still beat both of those easily, in some order.