By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Motion controller & Mii Confirmed! M$ will Win the war eventually!

Bored4life said:
Wild Nintendo appears.

Go Microsoft.

Microsoft used Mimic.

Mimic Failed.

Nintendo used Confusion.

Microsoft is confused.

Nintendo used Growth.

Microsoft hurt itself in its confusion.

Nintendo used SURF.

Microsoft fainted.

Blue Ocean is the most powerful force this generation.

a winner is you

Around the Network

Just seen some people calling for Marcus Phoenix and Master Chief at the Olympics.

Now how awesome would that be? come on!

who is really wating for this? I couldn't care less I think, cause I don't see the need for a controller like that on the 360

''Hadouken!''

Slimebeast said:
Like some posters just said, if this is true the idea is that game developers will have the opportunity to practice and perfect the technology until Xbox 3 comes out.

But Nintento-fanboys instantly feel the phear and can't hold themselves from bashing this (welcome to the MS forum btw). Because the Wii is not very unique anymore after this. But FYI this isn't meant to steal your casuals THIS gen.

And the Sony-boys are sarcastic because their POC sixaxis was the fiasco of the century. Hi Lair.

Nope don't believe I feel any phear or even fear. I really was sincere, but if they really wish to shoot themselves in the foot, hell I'll buy them the bullet.Doing something amazingly stupid is any person or any giant corporation's God given right and I respect that.

Bored4life said:
Wild Nintendo appears.

Go Microsoft.

Microsoft used Mimic.

Mimic Failed.

Nintendo used Confusion.

Microsoft is confused.

Nintendo used Growth.

Microsoft hurt itself in its confusion.

Nintendo used SURF.

Microsoft fainted.

Blue Ocean is the most powerful force this generation.

Awesome! Very clever and creative writing and oh so true. Two thumbs up!

Around the Network

This would be the very definition of my nightmare scenario. I dislike motion controls greatly. I find it unappealing that I must gyrate all over the place to play a game, and I can only tolerate it for short periods of time. I pray the control is only optional for some games. I want the focus to be on a dual analog pad. I do not want to play dumbed down games with dumbed down controls.

I also am not keen on the entire Mii concept. The entire premise on the Wii is pretty superfluous. I think Microsoft can do better then Nintendo. Hell Sony is doing better then Nintendo. Home seems like a far more rewarding avatar building experience. Were Microsoft to produce a really good avatar with great customization, and the ability to upgrade the character through achievements we might be going somewhere. Then again Microsoft may decide to charge for what amounts to a purely superfluous feature.

Anyway I am not seeing any good in this if it turns out to be true. I am getting a little tired with this generations penchant for replicating what the other guy is doing. None of the manufacturers are innocent either. Nintendo copies Microsoft with the Virtual Console, and Wii Ware. Sony copies Nintendo's motion control concept, and copies the virtual avatar concept. Now Microsoft copies both Sony and Nintendo. All the consoles are getting far too similar.

Golvellius said

Golvellius said

Seems more like you do not understand MS's strategy and have zero knowledge about how they used to conquer market segments they initially had no presence in in the past decades. MS probably knows that it is too late to catch Nintendo. Do you really think MS doesn't know this?

Don't worry, I know pretty well how MS failed in conquering market segments in the past decades. I know pretty well why the only markets they succeeded in conquering are those where they didn't have to compete, and that they failed in every single one of the ones where they had to compete.

If you still believe that MS is not stupid enough to still try to go after Nintendo, waiting to find an unfair strategy to stall them in the meantime, then you are the one with zero knowledge about them.

Golvellius said

- Viva Pinata sold decently, and gives 360 owners the choice to play something else than a shooter.

Oh yes it sold decently, but not through normal sales, as it was basically given for free in bundles to inflate its numbers. Classic!

And yes, this one single choice of game in its genre for 3 2.5 years is really great and enticing to get the console for these games. 

Golvellius said- Blue Dragon was supposed to single-handedly win Japan? Who said that? In the week it was released in Japan, 360 numbers spiked to unbelievable 40.000 sold consoles, an amount that has never been reached again afterwards until now. It also gives 360 owners the choice to play something else than a shooter.

Blue Dragon was there to give the console momentum, a foot in the door. It failed miserably.

Golvellius said

- Read my post above. If done right, it could add to the current success of the 360. You fail to recognize that one of MS's particular strengths is to adapt successful products of its competitors, improve them, and sell them under a new name.

You're right, I fail to see that, as I never saw MS do whatyou describe. I've yet to see them improve any of their competitor products. Perhaps you thought "adapt to the MS way". Unfortunately, most of the time, it isn't improving. In the OS space, where they have their monopoly, it used to work, giving theman unfair advantage and no need to compete. Unfortunately, that's also why they failed in all the other markets.

Golvellius said

- It doesn't matter how many losses a product has generated in the past, as long as it is profitable in the present and the future. Grillboys often (intentionally) forget that.

Except that none of their product with such losses are profitable in the present or the future.

But I guess being in denial makes you think a profitable FY is enough to make the XBox brand a profitable venture.

Golvellius said

MS is next to Nintendo a big winner in this generation, while Sony is the big loser. By the end of this generation, MS will have doubled its installed hardware base compared to the previous generation, while Sony's will have halved.

Is that an epic failure?

With billions of dollars in the hole? When the goal was to gain momentum and you end up with none?

When you wanted a good brand, and end up with a diluted one?

Yes, that's an epic failure, in my view. 

This will go down in the list of awesome add-ons, along with the Sega CD, Sega 32X, and 64DD.

Aurally examine my music!

Wear gaudy colours or avoid display. It's all the same.

Be warned, I will use walls of polysyllables and complex clauses as a defence against lucid argument.

Wand to read a creepy thread?

Grampy said:
Slimebeast said:
Like some posters just said, if this is true the idea is that game developers will have the opportunity to practice and perfect the technology until Xbox 3 comes out.

But Nintento-fanboys instantly feel the phear and can't hold themselves from bashing this (welcome to the MS forum btw). Because the Wii is not very unique anymore after this. But FYI this isn't meant to steal your casuals THIS gen.

And the Sony-boys are sarcastic because their POC sixaxis was the fiasco of the century. Hi Lair.

Nope don't believe I feel any phear or even fear. I really was sincere, but if they really wish to shoot themselves in the foot, hell I'll buy them the bullet.Doing something amazingly stupid is any person or any giant corporation's God given right and I respect that.

Hey grumpy! Why would they fail? All they have to do is open their chequebook and buy every single half decent Wii game thats coming out in the next year and make them exclusive. Shouldn't cost too much since Wii games are so cheap right?

The reason? The architecture is similar enough to make an upwards port possible.

Tease.

Dodece said:

Anyway I am not seeing any good in this if it turns out to be true. I am getting a little tired with this generations penchant for replicating what the other guy is doing. None of the manufacturers are innocent either. Nintendo copies Microsoft with the Virtual Console, and Wii Ware. Sony copies Nintendo's motion control concept, and copies the virtual avatar concept. Now Microsoft copies both Sony and Nintendo. All the consoles are getting far too similar.

Actually when you look at it, Nintendo is doing the NES consept again, including Satellaview. Well, they are not getting "far too similar", they still have a really big difference. As for your fears about motion control, PS3 has motion controller by standard and what's the support for it? Bad. 360 apparently will have motion control by peripheral, and the support will be even worse.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.