By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3s strentgh - Gran Turismo 5

No Calling all Cars?

Anyways I've truthfully never played a Gran Turismo. Mainly the reason is I dont like playing racing games on consoles I perfer them on handhelds.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network
roadkillers said:
No Calling all Cars?

Anyways I've truthfully never played a Gran Turismo. Mainly the reason is I dont like playing racing games on consoles I perfer them on handhelds.

all the top ten stuff is free, Calling was on there for a bit.

As much as I liked the looks of the GT games and their feel (At least, up to GT3..), the whole 'Sorry, can't have car damage.' thing turned me off of it. There's a difference between arcade racers, and the more 'pure' simulation racers. So if GT5 does step up with that, and it really affects performance, then I might check it out some time. Though I have a lot of catching up to do so far with this generation.

OriGin said:
GT4's handling engine wasn't as good as GT3 In my opinion and it was only slightly superior in graphics.

It had a phuck load more cars, but wasn't enough to get me into it. This game was the main reason I and many of my mates bought a PS2 and I think GT5 will be the same for the PS3... this and Final Fantasy are the biggest exclusives that the PS3 has, and I think the momentum will start to kick once this comes out. I expect this might sell more than GT3 WW (possible!).

GTHD looks SO amazing! WTF is the point of releasing Forza 2 when GTHD looks so amazing. Forza is CRAP!

The only issue that I wonder is - are modifying / import / GT Type racing games losing popularity recently? Will this effect GT5? Maybe people are sick of crappy imitations of GT and are waiting specifically for this game. I think so. Can't wait for this one!!!

I don't think it will pass GT3.  GT3 is my favorite racing game ever, and though GT5 has the potential to surpass that in MY opinion I don't think it will have the mass market success GT3 did.  Still, this looks unbelievably awesome and I'm going to make sure I have a PS3 when it comes out.

weezy said:
the game looks very impressive.
quick question about GT5...are you gonna have to buy(buy as in spend actual greenery) cars/rims/paintjobs/mufflers etc?

I dont know , but here is a link for Sony fans.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=psOjnMcPGRU&mode=related&search=

Around the Network
naznatips said:

I don't think it will pass GT3. GT3 is my favorite racing game ever, and though GT5 has the potential to surpass that in MY opinion I don't think it will have the mass market success GT3 did. Still, this looks unbelievably awesome and I'm going to make sure I have a PS3 when it comes out.

With online gameplay, and downlaodables.  Quite the potential to far surpass GT3.

new concept cars new tracks new modes a year or two after release, GT games always have long lives. 

i agree the handling wasn't as good like GT3 but GTHD handling is much better than GT4. Also on GT4 whats those handing transmissions means like ACPS or whatever its called. Forza 2 is really fun though

Blue3 said:
naznatips said:

I don't think it will pass GT3. GT3 is my favorite racing game ever, and though GT5 has the potential to surpass that in MY opinion I don't think it will have the mass market success GT3 did. Still, this looks unbelievably awesome and I'm going to make sure I have a PS3 when it comes out.

With online gameplay, and downlaodables. Quite the potential to far surpass GT3.

new concept cars new tracks new modes a year or two after release, GT games always have long lives.

Well I agree it has the potential to far surpass it as far as quality of game, it's just without the PS2's record breaking sales I doubt it will have the user base to do so.  I am almost positive it will outsell GT4 though.

Yep whether it will surpass GT3 comes down to potential userbase of PS3 and momentum of that console at the time.

If the PS3 is going the way of the dead and buried then there might be a problem, but we can't see what is going to happen until then... this game might just re-vive the console!

dpmnymkrprez.. ROFL

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY