By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you expect the 'Wiimote' to COMPLETELY replace traditional controllers..

MontanaHatchet said:
No, although I do think that basic motion sensing and wireless controllers will become the standard.

You mean PS3 style (well better implimented) or wii-mote style with normal controllers (ie classic controller) as well?

Around the Network
XGamer0611 said:
For example RE4 is better with a standard controller then the Wiimote.

That has to be a typo.  You are literally the first person I have ever seen state that opinion as pretty much everybody agrees the RE4 Wii controls are amazing.  That's why there's such a thirst for RE5 on Wii.

I want to shoot behind me

I don't understand that argument at all.  If you can aim on screen with an analog stick on a 'traditional' controller than you can with the IR camera.  It doesn't matter what perspective you're aiming at.  If a 360/PS3 joystick lets you aim at a target behind you and you shoot it than the Wii IR camera can just as easily.

Hell no. What will I play my VC games on?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Munkeh111 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
No, although I do think that basic motion sensing and wireless controllers will become the standard.

You mean PS3 style (well better implimented) or wii-mote style with normal controllers (ie classic controller) as well?

It depends. Nintendo or another company may try to do something similar to the Wii again. Frankly, I think most console manufacturers will stay with the normal pad, but put in all kinds of new features, improved motion sensing being one of them.

Good Lord, I hope not. If everyone went for a Wiimote-style of game, some genres (like racers) would suffer horribly. The Wiimote is great for some tasks but it's still limited when it comes to certain control setups. There are some games that require dual analog to work.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

motion is here to stay. It will be like analog sticks where it's a new standard, but the d-pad still is on the controllers because of it's usefullness.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

azrm2k said:
XGamer0611 said:
For example RE4 is better with a standard controller then the Wiimote.

That has to be a typo. You are literally the first person I have ever seen state that opinion as pretty much everybody agrees the RE4 Wii controls are amazing. That's why there's such a thirst for RE5 on Wii.

I have nothing against the controls on RE4 Wii. I just liked it better on the standard controller better. I still thing certain games play better on standard controls.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Munkeh111 said:
azrm2k said:
Munkeh111 said:
No, does the wiimote add that much to every game? I still want my traditional games, because that is how I play games. Also, could you tell me how you can steer a car, and aim to shoot at the same time?

Very simple.  Steer with the nunchuk analog stick and aim with the wiimote IR.  That's the problem with people hating on motion controls.  They think it needs to be forced into every game.  There are plenty of games on the Wii that don't abuse the 'waggle'.

Personally I don't care if the motion controls get added to all controllers but I think the IR for aiming in shooters is huge and should be seriously considered. 

I want to shoot behind me

So hit the Z button which looks behind the car.  

Ever play Scarface or Godfather on Wii?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Yeah Wii mote is not replacing anything...it will be lucky to appear again after this generation.

If you mean Wiimote plus nunchuk or classic controller, yes.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org