By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CRYSIS Who?? -- NEW Killzone 2 Screens!! WOW!

darthdevidem01 said:
@Esmoreit

or it could be a "Resistance" ---- 3 million...

or how about "Uncharted"

"MGS4"

I see all of the above three succeeding. Resistance got out the gate first and has a name for itself. Uncharted was, in my eyes, the first true AAA title on the PS3. MGS4 I doubt I'll even have to talk about.

Killzone 2, in my eyes, has the Haze Factor. And before that, the Lair factor. It looks great, but in the end will probably be just you standart fare. I don't see anything that makes it stand out as a shooter, apart from it's graphics. And we all know how well that worked for Crysis. 

And yes I do recognize sarcasm, but I had hoped I wouldn't have to explain my comment.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network

@Esmoreit

but HAZE or LAIR didn;t have SONY put their whole financial & hype backing behind them

with LAIR if you remember SONY excluded it from even their E3 06 presentation...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@Darth.

Hype isn't something a company can control. If that would be the case, insurance companies wouldn't have to work so hard to get people in. Or more closer to home... Sony tried their best to hype the PS3 pre-release with bold statements, viral marketing etc. Some of which blew up in their face (remember the PSP rap?) and thus becomming some anti-hype.
Last generation, Nintendo tried their best to hype the GC and also failed, whilst wii-fit currently is hyped not necessarily by gamers (here, most of us are merely looking at it from a sales perspective) yet all media cover it's launch.

I can see why it's hyped though. It's something fairly new and you are right that the graphics are, to my knowledge nearly unprecedented on a console.
I'm a shooterfan too but I'm fairly critical at that. I demand something engaging or fresh for my shooter-experience. I shunned games like Doom 3, Resistance and Halo 3 because of this. And no matter from what angle I look, to me KZ2 fits right in that list.

Don't get me wrong, I do think it will sell amazingly (I'll hold off on official guesses untill launchday) and I certainly hope it will succeed as it's to my knowledge the first highly anticipated game by Dutch hands.
But in the end I suspect an average score of 7.5, maybe 8 - which in the shooter-genre isn't all that amazing anymore.

As for the financial side, I wouldn't argue on that as I have no knowledge there. I do admire Sony for not rushing the title though.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Press view image a zoom on the gun. I hope you would see it's superiority to kz2 , but you probably won't. Well you could see detailed scrathces smears, and detailed components of the gun. You see just the right amount of lighting, and if you look at the hand holding it you see alot of detail as well.

http://www.nhancer.com/downloads/Crysis_VeryHighNoSLI.jpg

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/original/2007/11/Crysis_UHQ_04.jpg

Oh and any character models better than this yet? Press view image to see it at it's orginal resolution. FAR to big to post on the forum.

Edit: I also forgot to mention the KZ2 gun looks like plastic.  

Kyros said:
Crysis on a Pc that doesn't yet exist still looks better. But wow does this look good. I really hope Guerrilla doesn't frak the gameplay.

Crysis on my PC with an $80 graphics upgrade looks tons better than this.

Art = Fugly

Textures = Fugly

Physics = Average

Gameplay? = Worse the Crysis.

Do you know why the Helghast wear masks? Because they cheapened out and didn't want to draw faces on them.

Edit: I bet they are going to hype the fact that they used the whole grey scale to make the game.

Tease.

Around the Network

Here is another example of better gun models. Zoom in on the gun.

Something else to consider. Look at the first pic in SC94597's post before last. That kind of draw distance is insane.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

While it is turning out to be a great looking game, I don't know if comparing it to Crysis was the smartest of ideas.
Still, it's looking very nice and I'm looking forward to the final result.

Gray has never looked better. Also, comparing it to Crysis wasn't the best idea.

MFk said:
Gray has never looked better. Also, comparing it to Crysis wasn't the best idea.

KZ2 shall now be nicknamed the Great Gray Game.

I had a 4th G word in mind to continue the alliteration but felt it best to leave the level of juvenility as it were.

The rEVOLution is not being televised