By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamespot: Haze review

Im starting to feel a little sorry for the game now, its 53 with 10 reviews. Everyone should just pack up and move on, get the game if you want. Its not worth putting so much interest on this anymore as clearly this is not going to be what you want future games to look like or be spending full price on.

Around the Network
darconi said:
tombi123 said:
A six is fair, solid but nothing special.

Did you really just say that 6 is a solid score? In this day and age of score inflation, a 6 for a hyped and advertised game is dismal.

On a proper rating scale of 1-10, six would imply that it's an average game. That is not abysmal at all...

08' Year End Predictions

Wii: 46 Million
Xbox 360:
26 Million

PS3: 22 Million

Sale Predictions:

Gears Of War 2 - 7 Million
Fable 2 - 3 Million
Left 4 Dead - 1.5 Million
Infinite Undiscovery - 700k
Tales Of Vesperia - 550k
The Last Remnant - 700k
Ninja Gaiden - 800k LTD [?] On its way.
Banjo-Kazooie N&B - 2 Million
Lost Odyssey - 500k LTD [X] surpassed
Too Human - 1.4 Million

Well, I don't know what to say. I am big Free Radical fan and I was hoping for the best despite not owning a PS3. I don't know what to say, although I don't put a lot of stock in reviews its hard to ignore them all when they say the same things.

Much like Rare, Free Radical have been abysmal without the guidance of Nintendo.

The Timesplitters series was a complete rip off of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, yet it failed to live up to that legacy. The games didn't advance or evolve the format in any way. The archaic control style which rooted you to the spot during manual aiming was maintained despite the existence of a second analogue stick.

Apart from the rehash that was Timesplitters, what have they produced of note? Second sight was a failure of epic proportions. Honestly, I don't know why people held such high expectations for Haze.

Xponent said:
Much like Rare, Free Radical have been abysmal without the guidance of Nintendo.

The Timesplitters series was a complete rip off of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, yet it failed to live up to that legacy. The games didn't advance or evolve the format in any way. The archaic control style which rooted you to the spot during manual aiming was maintained despite the existence of a second analogue stick.

Apart from the rehash that was Timesplitters, what have they produced of note? Second sight was a failure of epic proportions. Honestly, I don't know why people held such high expectations for Haze.

For the same reason people still have faith in Rare, it used to kick ass so we wish they return to their former glory.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

There's already an official review thread, keep the reviews there please
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=27262&start=50