By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What the hell is going on with the PS3?

Ah, Twestern... But shams is pretty nintendo biased!

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
PS2 is only with 2Mb vRam. =)

I`m not sure what Sony are doing.. their moves are kinda unlogical.
1) Not releasing 80GB bundle in Europe/Japan.
2) Kinda weak Playstation day show(only KZ2 which is not coming this year) and LBP.
3) And what about Infamous, Wardevil, Heavy Rain, 8 days, Afrika, Getaway 3, GoW3 and etc. No words at all.

actually it was 4MB of EDram

Squall_Leonhart said:
Ah, Twestern... But shams is extremely nintendo bias!!!

fixed :)

jake_the_fake1 said:
twesterm said:

Shams already wrote a little on why it looks like they've given up:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=27088

shams is a sham, and posting a link to his thread is like pointing to a fresh turd and claiming it's delicious, but you know to each their own :)

The thing is, shams didn't say they've given up. A quote from that post of his:

This next 12 months on the market is now a consolidation point for them - work on software, almost double their install base, bring the PS3 back to price parity - and maybe even work on the first "PS3 slimline" models.

That's far more optimistic than the OP of THIS thread painted it.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

jake_the_fake1 said:
twesterm said:

shams is a sham, and posting a link to his thread is like pointing to a fresh turd and claiming it's delicious, but you know to each their own :)

You have to love people that needlessly bash a thread before even reading it.

Also, consider this your first warning: no personal attacks on other members. 

Around the Network

Its an unfortunate cycle in the videogame market that is difficult to break ...

For a wide variety of reasons, when a console is struggling it seems like everything that can go wrong does go wrong;  at the same time, when a console is doing well it seems like everything that can go well does go well.

Once the PS3 cures cancer everything will be fine.

twesterm said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
twesterm said:

You have to love people that needlessly bash a thread before even reading it.

Also, consider this your first warning: no personal attacks on other members.

I've seen you troll, so if I were you I wouldn't get so high and mighty, but I'll heade your warning :)

It is extremely hard to develop for as only some companies with talented programmers (particularly Cell specialty coders) know how to develop for Cell architecture well. I am surprised at how Sony developed the Cell and AFTER the PS3's release they gave away enhanced dev kits after the fact to only boost sales. Pride commeth before the fall Sony--Pride commeth before the fall.

LOL Fraqing Jake xD God I hope you don't get banned >
Sony makes some strange moves, don't get me wrong, but I think your looking a little too hard at what Sony actually has "control" of. So far any project they've directly helped out has been pretty much nothing but great.

Don't be looking to Haze or GTA in terms of what the PS3 is capable of, that's the worst place to start lol. I'm actually quite curious to see how much of the SPU potential Haze OR GTA is actually tapping into. From the look of it Haze might not be using... any?

The delay's on Sony's behalf should only be looked at in positive light, according to Kaz, Home was delayed because HE felt it wasn't ready. Honestly how badass is that? Besides it's a free service :P We as consumers should have zero say in that matter.

They would appear to have dropped the ball big time in making it easy for developers, and in a certain light, they have indeed. But you also have to remember that Sony is in this for the Looooooooooooong haul, what will we be saying next generation if Sony sticks with Cell technology and ends up being the EASIEST to program for considering it's completely compliant with this generation engines? Will we say that Sony's doing more harm than good? Hell no! If anything Sony's encouraging proper code, and that in itself is a great thing. Besides why do we all talk about development cost's like it's a horrid thing. If anything look how many jobs are being supplied by these massive PS3 projects :P I'd love to be a game developer at this day in age xD Talk about job security :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.