By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I tried to play Boom Blox...

radioioRobert said:
Two thoughts,

1. Check your battery.

2. Are you using a Nyko charging station? These apparantly have no "shutoff" during recharge and overcharge the remote, causing fry-age quite often. If this is the case, it voids Nintendo's warranty.

3. If neither 1 or 2, just call Nintendo, they have amazing tech service with very little hold time.

Interesting.  I use the Nyko charging station.  Maybe that fried my remote.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network
Hawk said:
radioioRobert said:
Two thoughts,

1. Check your battery.

2. Are you using a Nyko charging station? These apparantly have no "shutoff" during recharge and overcharge the remote, causing fry-age quite often. If this is the case, it voids Nintendo's warranty.

3. If neither 1 or 2, just call Nintendo, they have amazing tech service with very little hold time.

Interesting. I use the Nyko charging station. Maybe that fried my remote.

That shouldn't be it.  I've been using the Nyko charger since it was released and I haven't had problems (though I suppose I have heard other people have had problems with it).

Also, windbane, just to make sure you know, I believe you had the problem, I was just curious what you had tried (after reading my post again it sounded like I was being skeptical :-p). 

TWRoO said:
thetonestarr said:
I have similar issues when my Wiimote is detecting other sources of infrared light. Are you playing near a window? Are there any windows reflecting off your TV screen? If sunlight is entering the room well enough, the IR light in the sun's rays will actually interfere with the Wiimote's sensing.

This is a good reason for it to go off on one.... but like I said a quick shake of the remote should always fix that (unless it is broken)

The pointing functions on the Wii have to use a balance of the IR sensor and the motion controls because although it can detect twist using the IR perfectly well, it cannot do it when you point off screen so it needs a check/fail safe type thing with the gyroscope or whetever measures tilt inside the remote.

Which is why sometimes on the Wii menu you can point off then on screen to find the hand is upside down, but shaking (or sometimes just time) will always correct it.

------

I don't think other sources of light should not make it inverted controls though (where left/right and up/down are changed) unless the other sources of light were moving fast in front of the remote.

I could be wrong though.

I'm not sure what other sources moving would have anything to do with it?

When there are other sources, and those sources don't match an IR LED, it confuses the Wiimote. Sunlight will register as a whole mess of LEDs (as it's going to appear to be much larger than a single spot, but the Wiimote tries reading them AS single spots), and that causes the sensing to go haywire. 

I used to have my TV positioned in a corner next to my sliding glass door. If my cats ran through the blinds and moved them, it opened a crack in the blinds and let light in. The positioning of the sun would cause my Wii to go all sorts of goofy, because the Wiimote was sensing a mess of confusion. It'd invert at times, go sideways, jump across the screen, etc. So, I just closed the blinds... and it was all good again.

SW-5120-1900-6153

^Yes but from what I could tell all that happened to windbanes was everything was reversed, so it acted (presumably) as smooth as usual except moving in the wrong direction.

If I play in the mid morning the sun bounces off all the silvery chromed bits on my CD player which is below my TV, which can cause the pointer to jump and twist to different points on the screen, but is not exactly inverse movement.

Other Wiimote worked...been playing all this time. I tried the other one again and as soon Boom Blox loads it reverses again. If I rotate the Wimote once it will realign correctly...reversed...then rotate again and it's right. But as soon as it's off screen again it reverses again. I'm charging it right now (yeah, using Nyko), so I'll see if that helps. If not I'll try another Wii game. Shop channel and Wii menu worked fine.

Really strange.

Boom Blox, btw, is a great game and everyone should play it.

Around the Network

@OP I see more and more of that - I'm begining to think you guys might be thinking the Wii is Ninja training... that ended with ninja breadman.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D