By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I tried to play Boom Blox...

I just got it from gamefly. Every time I try to play the first level, though, and sometimes in the main menu, the Wiimote decides it wants to reverse all of my controls. Suddenly, up is down and down is up with the IR sensor. This has never happened with any other game I've played. I did a quick google search and only found a few hits that seemed to have quick fixes, but those aren't working for me. Well, I can temporarily reverse it back but I can't even throw at the first level boxes without it reversing back again. Has anyone had a similar problem? I really want to play this game after seeing the good reviews.

Around the Network

new one to me

No, control is perfect more me. Have you tried different Wiimotes, I'm sure you have. Possibly it's your sensor bar. Wireless replacements are pretty cheap and maybe worth a try. If not then you may need to go to Nintendo tech support or look on the Boom Blox website to see if they have support.

I'm sorry you are having this problem because it is a great game.

I had a similar problem, but it was that my Wiimote plain died.

First, the motion sensing went out, but I could use the remote for any game that didn't need motion. Then a few days later, on any game or the main channel menu, the pointing controls reversed on me.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Hmm, never heard of that one. Have you tried different batteries or a different remote if you have another? Does it do anything similar in other games?

Around the Network

Grampy: No, I was not smart enough to try different Wiimotes. Just did, though, and it worked! That's so weird because I've been using the other Wiimote all weekend...

Hawk: does that Wiimote keep reversing in the Wii main menu and other games? Mine worked fine until I loaded the game...

Strange stuff.

I really wanted to buy it, but I just subscribed to gamefly yesterday...so I couldn't resist renting it. I can't wait to play it!

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

sorry, never had that before.. i wonder what is wrong with that one remote if the other worked :S

windbane said:
Grampy: No, I was not smart enough to try different Wiimotes. Just did, though, and it worked! That's so weird because I've been using the other Wiimote all weekend...

Hawk: does that Wiimote keep reversing in the Wii main menu and other games? Mine worked fine until I loaded the game...

Strange stuff.

Weird.  Mine had reverse pointing control on any game I tried, and the main menu.  Strange that yours was just on one game.  Weird.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

The controls can get wonky if the batteries are low sometimes.