By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Poor Patcher

I don't know if this has been posted before but here it goes:

"Wii Fit will sell 3 million to 4 million in the US if they market aggressively," he told The Post. 

Link: http://www.nypost.com/seven/03312008/business/wii_fit_stretches_for_new_gaming_market_104330.htm

I hope he was referring to the first month only sales lol.

Around the Network

He has also said it might sell 50 million so I guess he is either covering all his bases or talking about different time frames

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

I'm waiting for the Rubangs review about your spelling.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

you think for being so infamous in the video game world that most people would be able to spell his name correctly.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

It's Pachter, not Patcher

Around the Network

He was talking about the US and only 2008.

3-4 million doesn''t seem to far off for what we could see in 2008 in the US. I would say 5 million personally but he may be right.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

FishyJoe said:
He was talking about the US and only 2008.

At first, I thought he might be low balling it a little bit, but  his assessment might be fairly accurate, since he's just talking about the US and not all of NA. It sold over 2 mil in japan in 24 weeks and most of that was in the slower part of the year. There is over 30 weeks left in this year and the Wii NA install base is more than double what the Japanese install base was when Wii Fit launched there. I don't know if the attach rate will be better, but most people seem to think it's more marketable in the US and from all accounts, Nintendo is suppose to have an epic advertising campaign for this game.  I was expecting sales in the neighborhood 4.5, to maybe even 5.5 mil. for all of NA by the end of the year. Wii Fit is such a major title, it's hard to estimate. I guess will have to wait and see. There has been a lot of speculation recently by supposed "professional" market analyst that make meteorologist look like Nostradamus, so I'm impressed when 1 of them can even ballpark stuff like this. He's certainly made worse predictions. Must be that new advanced research tool he's been using lately. What was called again. VG something...