By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360: Week in review

kn said:
DMeisterJ said:

I think this post pretty much sums up how Starcraft felt this week.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=750160

For the lazies, here is the GiST of it.

(PS3 > 360 GTA IV week according to VGC)

The gif above is how starcraft felt when that data came in, we think.

Do you have anything relavent to say about Starcraft's post or did you just feel the need to assault him this morning?

On topic, Starcraft -- keep the week in review coming as it's great to get a quick glance and see if there is anything I missed.

Do you think before you post?

Me and starcraft are like this *puts fingers close together*

Second, this wasn't even my gif, it was SpartanFXs

And third, starcraft said "lol".  He knew it was a joke (from me at least, don't know about SpartanFX)

Do you have anything relevant to say now?

Around the Network

Welcome back Starcraft. That was a very informative post and if whatever you do in life isn't making you enough money, you should really think about sending Microsoft your resume. You PR very well. For those about to jump on that comment, it's not meant to be negative, or imply he spins the truth, he's just really good at looking at the bright side when it comes to Microsoft.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

Welcome back Starcraft. That was a very informative post and if whatever you do in life isn't making you enough money, you should really think about sending Microsoft your resume. You PR very well. For those about to jump on that comment, it's not meant to be negative, or imply he spins the truth, he's just really good at looking at the bright side when it comes to Microsoft.

Lol.  I should put that last bit in my sig.  Thanks buddy.  It was actually meant to be fairly objective for the most part, and I tried to present the other side of the coin in addition to my opinion. 

For example, things like VP: TiP has to be "your cup of tea" and "many VGC BK fans simply said that they wanted a traditional platformer in BK3, and they are understandably disappointed."  Hopefully I did ok at that.  If I'm going to keep doing these week-in-reviews, they need to be seen as relatively informative, even if I throw a joke in here or there.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts:

I don't want to harp on to long about the hypocracy and negativity that this site saw from much (not all) of its Nintendo fans when this game was revealed, other than to say that it was a very poor show. The title will be taking a new direction. Rather than focusing on Banjo and Kazooie's physical moves, an innovative vehicle construction and use mechanic will be applied instead of more traditional platforming techniques. Much has been made of Rare's fall from grace (despite the company's games receiving similar average scores on the 360 that they did on the N64) but it should be noted that the team that made the original Banjo's is largely in-tact for Nuts and Bolts. Many VGC BK fans simply said that they wanted a traditional platformer in BK3, and they are understandably disappointed. However, some were so obviously enraged that this title would be on the Xbox 360 that they chastised it's innovation as having ruined the game, in contrast to their praise of gravity-defying mechanics in SMG as being "revolutionary." As an old BK fan, I think the title looks amazing, and the VAST majority of the gaming media that have gone hands on with the title agree with me. The first page of a Google News search revealed the following, unanimously positive previews:

lulz, i called it on your wall. you're too predictable.

"i can't wait till he comes back to spin how "great" the banjo racing ga...i mean banjo 3 is, he'll say hes a huge banjo fan and "loves" the change from platformer to racer...if it were for the wii however, he would be smashing it :P"

BCNR34 said:

lulz, i called it on your wall. you're too predictable.

Or maybe, just maybe I'm in line with every gaming reporter of note that has laid a hand on the game?

Around the Network

heyyyy Starcarft

How's it goin buddy?welcome back man

Yea I did miss you,,,,there was no one else I could have endless discussions with

lol @ the gif and it was just a light hearted joke as I m sure you also loled abit yourself.

in the starcarft bashing post I didnot bash you though I just thought having something such as SDF is abit stupid.

the funniest comment in that thread was from Rock-on-2008 which made me laugh:
"starcraft gives us all a headache with his pointless arguments about his 360 is better than the PS3, blah,blah,blah.. lol. Come on starcraft we are not all 360 fan boys like you. starcraft, go and play your 360 and stop harassing people on forums 24/7 with your 360 propaganda."

I m also happy that you saw the thread about PS3 GTAIV bundles that were sold out in AU in the first week.

anyways welcome back mate (as you Aussies say ;) )and still look forward to have more endless/pointless discussions with you

SpartanFX said:
heyyyy Starcarft

How's it goin buddy?welcome back man

Yea I did miss you,,,,there was no one else I could have endless discussions with

lol @ the gif and it was just a light hearted joke as I m sure you also loled bit yourself.

in the starcarft bashing post I didnot bash you though I just thought having something such as SDF is abit stupid.

the funniest comment in that thread was from Rock-on-2008 which made me laugh:
"starcraft gives us all a headache with his pointless arguments about his 360 is better than the PS3, blah,blah,blah.. lol. Come on starcraft we are not all 360 fan boys like you. starcraft, go and play your 360 and stop harassing people on forums 24/7 with your 360 propaganda."

I m also happy that you saw the thread about PS3 GTAIV bundles that were sold out in AU in the first week.

anyways welcome back mate (as you Aussies say ;) )and still look forward to have more endless/pointless discussions with each other

Lol, don't worry, I know its all in good fun.

During my ban, I really did go and play my 360 like Rock_on suggested. I got started on Eternal Sonata.

You'll find Sony are being a little shifty on Australian numbers. In this article, though they report outselling the Xbox 360, they conveniently shift back and forth between describing Australian and worldwide numbers.

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=11536&title=PlayStation+3+outsells+Xbox+360+by+45%25+in+Q1+in+Australia

They talk about how bundling the PS3 with Bravia televisions puts the PS3's base over the top, but fail to mention the fact that they haven't yet delivered PS3's to many, many Bravia-bundlers.......

http://www.theage.com.au/news/technology/sony-customers-still-waiting-for-free-ps3s/2008/05/05/1209839513811.html

starcraft:

Thanks
Of course I don't mind. I like it.

Glad you like it Benga.

UPDATE PEOPLE:

A new Xbox 360 console-exclusive was just announced:

http://www.gameguru.in/first-person-shooters/2008/19/the-protector-for-pc-and-xbox-360-announced-by-gingerbread-studios/

"Now a Poland-based developer, Gingerbread Studios, has sent word about a new first/third person shooter called as The Protector for the Xbox 360 and PC platforms. It is expected to have visceral action, tense, tactical stealth and an absorbing storyline."

Gingerbread studios?