By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Does Anyone play MMORPG's?

I just wanted to know if anybody plays MMORPG's, I was think about picking up the Star Wars one, cause I hate World of Warcraft (Wow) but I really like City of Heroes (CoH). Anybody played the Star Wars or Guild Wars?

Around the Network

I put about 100 hours into WoW and then decided it sucked. I'll not play another MMORPG for a looooong time.

I have Guild Wars Prophecies and NightFall, and enjoyed it immensely.  I still play, but rarely have time nowadays. It has excellent PvP and solid PvE gameplay.  NightFall is a little better if you like PvE, Factions if you like PvP.

You don't state why you didn't like WoW, but since Guild Wars has no monthly fee, it's a pretty safe bet.

I think my problem was that I, played CoH for about a year before I WoW I was used to moving fast. On CoH when you to level 14 you get one of four Super Speed (Quicksliver), Flight(Thor), Teleportaion (Nightcrawler), or Super Jump (Hulk). But on WoW you don't get a mount (various things to ride) until lvl 40, truthfully I got tired of all that damn running.

I started off with Runescape. Moved to Guild Wars. Moved back to Runescape. Went back to consoles.

Around the Network

My MMORPG experience started with Star Wars, bought the game the day it was released, the first month was the best game experience I've ever enjoyed. I loved everything about that game... then they changed it all. They took professions out, they nerfed everything, and it just kept going downhill from there.

Havn't really enjoyed any other MMO ever since, I've tried Eve, WoW, Anarchy Online, Guild Wars, City of Heroes, Everquest 2, Planetside and a whole bunch of crappy no name beta's (anyone ever played Shattered Galaxies?)

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Alacrist said:
I think my problem was that I, played CoH for about a year before I WoW I was used to moving fast. On CoH when you to level 14 you get one of four Super Speed (Quicksliver), Flight(Thor), Teleportaion (Nightcrawler), or Super Jump (Hulk). But on WoW you don't get a mount (various things to ride) until lvl 40, truthfully I got tired of all that damn running.

Well, there's no such thing as mounts in Guild Wars, or flight, or super speed.  On the flip side, there's no long treks either (except self-imposed ones).  It's designed so you can log on, get a group and play through a single mission in about 30 minutes.  Great for casual players.  Of course a lot of people stick with the group for a few more missions.  Once you've found a city, or town or other significant place, you can return to it instantly at any time - no trekking involved. 

runescape, ps2, went back runescape when my ps2 broke, bought a ps2 for GOW 2 and then the wii

Played WoW for a grand total of about 120 playing days (yes, days) then tried out guild wars and lineage and though they were crap...

Haven't played any MMO since.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I play Maple Story :)