By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hitler Banned From Mario Kart Wii...

Dammit just when I bought mario kart wii.

Around the Network

I agree. It's nice to hear somebody actually giving Ninty some credit for caring and trying to do something about the problems with online gaming insensitivity and irresponsibility, instead of hearing people constantly complain about how much they hate friend codes , because they're to lazy make the effort. Most of those people go on about nintendo's online service, when they don't even know wth they're even talking about.

NintendoMonopoly said:
I agree. It's nice to hear somebody actually giving Ninty some credit for caring and trying to do something about the problems with online gaming insensitivity and irresponsibility, instead of hearing people constantly complain about how much they hate friend codes , because they're to lazy make the effort. Most of those people go on about nintendo's online service, when they don't even know wth they're even talking about.

I heard that you have enter a 16 digit friend code to add every new friend to your list . Why not just add user names? That would make things easier for people.

BTW: on topic the Hitler name sounds cool. Makes you sound like a bad ass.

While I agree there could be a better system implemented, think about this if you're typing in a name instead of sending it that leaves room for error and the potential to get someone else's username by mistake(if you accidentally mistype a friend code you get gibberish that accomplishes nothing), and if you're sending it, then anybody could send someone a friend request with malcontent in mind. You basically have to make the effort to give it to a friend personally or go out of your way to leave it out in the open for anyone to see, in which case you already know what risk you're putting yourself in. Not something that wouldn't happen more often with username, especially if it's the same name that end up on leader boards, forums, and achievement list... Or at least, that was my take on the situtation. I have been known to be wrong from time to time.

damn I always like kicking Hitlers Arse!

Around the Network
NintendoMonopoly said:
While I agree there could be a better system implemented, think about this if you're typing in a name instead of sending it that leaves room for error and the potential to get someone else's username by mistake(if you accidentally mistype a friend code you get gibberish that accomplishes nothing), and if you're sending it, then anybody could send someone a friend request with malcontent in mind. You basically have to make the effort to give it to a friend personally or go out of your way to leave it out in the open for anyone to see, in which case you already know what risk you're putting yourself in. Not something that wouldn't happen more often with username, especially if it's the same name that end up on leader boards, forums, and achievement list... Or at least, that was my take on the situtation. I have been known to be wrong from time to time.

Ya because if its wrong and the friend is on your list isnt your friend you could'nt just kickem off your list that would be to easy! I guess those of us spoiled by live and even PSN should just suck it up and learn that secret codes are WAY BETTER.  thats why headsets and voice communicaton is cool for verifying  friends to. How many people here on this site are in your friends list and what kind of FBI check did you do to protect yourself??? At least with Nintendo there is no talking just messaging again if some one is offensive kickem from your friend list or does Nintendo offer that????

Must be a slow day to get such a debate going over something like this.

But since we have and since most video gamers don't read enough books to know any history, I'll say this in Nintendo's defense. You may think the name Hitler is badass and funny but there are several million people out there whose parents and grandparents ended up in the ovens of Dachau, Buchenwald and Bergen-Belsen for the crime of being in the wrong ethnic group. They may not find the name quite as hilarious.

Lol, my Hitler is named " Das Fuhrer"

and I always have Kim Jong Ill, he's a good bike racer

Wow. I actually hate it when companies do things like this.

My name is Mick but since in some areas that is an offensive term for Irish people my name gets censored in LOTR: The Battle for Middle Earth II. It's very annoying and stupid.

PC Gamer