By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Little Big Planet To be SONY's Super Smash Bros??

ssj12 said:

a Patapon, echochrom, Kratos, or a Helghast

LOL, SSJ12 are you drunk? Your joking, right? (If not?....Whew, Houston we have a problem.)

Patapon has not even topped 2/5 of a million.  I bet you there aren't 375K people in the world who know what Patapon are. ioi is more poular than Patapon!

Echochrom? What is this? lol

Kratos? Oh yeah, God of War. This is somewhat a legit well known character.

Helghast? Is a what? Come again? Oh, a character from, and I quote "lame" FPS called Killzone. Again, I bet the majority of gamers do not even know what Helghast are.

The point of mascot's are well known characters. Or atleast that is what I thought.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Please.

Around the Network

Penis thumb is Sony's mascot.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I wonder how the whole mascot argument started, considering that the characters in SSBB are not all mascots of Nintendo if you use the definitions brought forth, therefore Sony doesn't need mascots to make a game with alot of characters from different games like in SSBB.

I don't see any reason you would assume this to be the case. What would give you this idea?

Many of the characters you mentioned aren't Sony IP in the first place and so licensing them for the game would cost more than they're worth.  I think it would be an awesome if idea, but very unlikely.

As for people mentioning mascots and all, the age of mascots is over.  Characters no longer sell systems and no longer do they carry enough weight to represent the system to the masses. Exclusives franchises are far more rare than even exclusive games, and relying too much on the star power of a single character wouldn't attract a large enough audiance on it's own. It would also create a Nintendo-syndrome like effect, overshadowing the presence of third parties who are the ones that ultimately decide which systems succeeds and which system fails.

I think it's a cool idea to have costumes / levels from other games, and I thought the Killzone trailer was pretty cool.

I'm very excited about this game, but 50 levels seems kinda low to me, I thought I read somewhere they were going to fill the disk with levels, seems like that would be more than 50...

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Around the Network
Foshoryuken said:
ssj12 said:

a Patapon, echochrom, Kratos, or a Helghast

LOL, SSJ12 are you drunk? Your joking, right? (If not?....Whew, Houston we have a problem.)

Patapon has not even topped 2/5 of a million.  I bet you there aren't 375K people in the world who know what Patapon are. ioi is more poular than Patapon!

Echochrom? What is this? lol

Kratos? Oh yeah, God of War. This is somewhat a legit well known character.

Helghast? Is a what? Come again? Oh, a character from, and I quote "lame" FPS called Killzone. Again, I bet the majority of gamers do not even know what Helghast are.

The point of mascot's are well known characters. Or atleast that is what I thought.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Please.

Is that why it sold 2 million copies? Is that why Killzone might have been average gameplay but visually it was stunning?

that right there, is better looking then the Halo and is damn close to Halo 2.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

SSJ12 your trying too hard.

Black on PS2 is laughing at you. I'm willing to bet 90% of the people who bought Killzone were utterly dissapointed with the entire game.

Bland, boring, cookie cutter FPS, horrible hit detection and did I mention boring?

Waiting for Killzone2 to possibly change my mind about this weak franchise.

Foshoryuken said:

Black on PS2 is laughing at you. I'm willing to bet 90% of the people who bought Killzone were utterly dissapointed with the entire game.

Bland, boring, cookie cutter FPS, horrible hit detection and did I mention boring?

boring? Halo was and still is boring. Killzone was good.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Foshoryuken said:

boring? Halo was and still is boring. Killzone was good.

Wow. Your hilarious.

By the way

Killzone can't even touch Halo. Killzone has some of the worse hit detection in any FPS. That alone makes the game garbage/unplayable. But I guess that doesn't effect some people. (You)

p.s.

I don't even like Halo. :)

Whats that sound? That is SSJ12's cred. plummeting into the ground.

Neither Sony nor MS have mascots to make a game like SSB. Most of their characters lack personality or recognition. A lot of them are human, and generic ones, not characterized like Mario, Captain falcon, Link, Ness, Fox, Donkey Kong. Nintendo's are both more funny and fantastic than real.

If they are gonna put a lot of humans with guns or weapons, it would be better to do a Mortal Kombat kind of game, but a SSB game will have no charm.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies