By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Little Big Planet To be SONY's Super Smash Bros??

I don't think it would get as big as SSB. The video was really funny anyways.

I'd really like to see a Snake sackboy ^^

Work in progress for now...

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
Solid Snake, cloud and sephiroth, ratchet and clank....I don't think any of those belong to Sony.
 Ratchet and Clank belongs to Sony, Solid Snake belongs to Konami and Cloud and Sephiroth belongs to SE. 

Media Molecule have stated in the past that they hope to include levels and characters based on other Sony owned franchises in the game (I think even designed by level designers from the other studios), but these would not include the likes of Snake, and the gameplay would be quite dissimilar to SSB.

I remember you could take picture of objects and place them in LBP using the Eye toy, so if that's the case you could add whatever you wanted to.

I'd like to know if it can render the objects in 3d also or if it's just for pictures.

Like what they did in R6v2. To me that would be a sure fire buy, take a picture of my cat being lazy and have my ragdoll things beat it up.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

people need to get the idea that because they've been mostly on a certain platform doesn't mean that they are property of the company. Final Fantasy had always been on Nintendo platforms until the PSX, Snake has been on Nintendo platforms plenty. I guess the characters from Xenosaga also belong to sony, and spyro and crash bandicoot might as well since they got their start on sony platforms, Hell throw in the princess from ICO that was on PS2.

Big difference between having appeared on a platform and actually being owned by a company. Trying to negotiate with all those companies and buy the right to use those characters would definately not be cheap.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Now that I think about it, if you can model an Areith Doll and take a picture of FF arieth and make the doll in game - would that infringe on anything.... maybe not since it wasn't included as part of the original sale.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

@THe_Vagabond

well I am not one of them.....as my favorite FF is *gasp* FF6..

not the overrated FF7, I said that because FF7 is definetely recognized as PS game, more so than any other FF

as for MGS, if they got Snake in brawl this won't be impossible

As for not wanting Original IP's...I don't see why hoping THIS game will have characters and will mimic favorite destinations from franchises key to Playstation's success is being a ZOMG HUGE FANBOY.

A smash bros experience (of nostalgia) is what I feel is needed & if devs join together for LBP we may see some cool things

this gen we have seen many new IP's on PS3....there is originality, and I encourage it even more..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@THe_Vagabond

well I am not one of them.....as my favorite FF is *gasp* FF6..

not the overrated FF7, I said that because FF7 is definetely recognized as PS game, more so than any other FF

as for MGS, if they got Snake in brawl this won't be impossible

As for not wanting Original IP's...I don't see why hoping THIS game will have characters and will mimic favorite destinations from franchises key to Playstation's success is being a ZOMG HUGE FANBOY.

A smash bros experience (of nostalgia) is what I feel is needed & if devs join together for LBP we may see some cool things

this gen we have seen many new IP's on PS3....there is originality, and I encourage it even more..

I'm not saying Snake couldn't be in it, or cloud, or whoever else but that wouldn't be "sony smash bros", that would just be an amalgamation of videogame characters in a platformer.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I dooooubt IT........... Remember, this game is a new IP. Smash is already an established (and successful) franchise.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Everyone knows that a Daxter sackboy would be the best