By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wow... Ocarina of Time conveniently loses review source on Gamerankings

Onyxmeth said:
Soriku said:
lol, why do they have to wait 10 years+ to lower a game?
They took out their decimals on the site and decided to round down instead of up. I can't say I agree with the decision myself but it's their choice, not mine. Also, many of the Zelda reviews aren't 10 years old. Gamerankings is allowing retro reviews to be added, one of which was created only a month ago.

That's still defying the laws of mathematics. If they take out the decimals, they have to round up. Rounding down is downgrading the score. If they did that, fine. If they were adjusting for the lack fo decimals, you round up if the decimals are 5 or higher.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Onyxmeth said:
Soriku said:
They took out their decimals on the site and decided to round down instead of up. I can't say I agree with the decision myself but it's their choice, not mine. Also, many of the Zelda reviews aren't 10 years old. Gamerankings is allowing retro reviews to be added, one of which was created only a month ago.

That's still defying the laws of mathematics. If they take out the decimals, they have to round up. Rounding down is downgrading the score. If they did that, fine. If they were adjusting for the lack fo decimals, you round up if the decimals are 5 or higher.

So what? Go bitch to the site Cubed3.com, because they're the ones changing the decimals, not Gamerankings. You were all really fast to shit on Gamerankings when it was convenient and really quick to leave this thread after it was all said and done. You still want to stand by that blog you wrote sir?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Onyxmeth said:
Soriku said:

So what? Go bitch to the site Cubed3.com, because they're the ones changing the decimals, not Gamerankings. You were all really fast to shit on Gamerankings when it was convenient and really quick to leave this thread after it was all said and done. You still want to stand by that blog you wrote sir?

When did I claim gamerankings did that in that post? I did not. Just because the thread did doesn't mean that comment meant them.

I am really sick of people assuming my stances, instead of properly reading my posts.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

I wonder how many people who slandered GameRankings will come back and apologize?

I am going to guess very few.

waron said:
i got to admit if rockstar will make another game for wii i will boycot this game. they gain all those 10s and "best game evah" titles with bribes, hype and gta series fanboys not with game real quaity. i have no respect to rockstar nad take 2 anymore.

Good for you. Personally, I will judge what I buy based on the quality of the game, and not the platform or the developer, but whatever works for you :)

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:

I am really sick of people assuming my stances, instead of properly reading my posts.

I am kind of sick of people posting opinions filled with ambiguity.

TheRealMafoo said:
I wonder how many people who slandered GameRankings will come back and apologize?

I am going to guess very few.

Slander does not mean speaking based on bad info. Unless you can prove we knew it wasn't gamerankings fault at the time, it wasn't slander.

I stopped caring about reviews a long time ago.
But this is just ridiculous.

TheRealMafoo said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

I am kind of sick of people posting opinions filled with ambiguity.

It wasn't ambigious. The post was replying to cubed3, so the context was about cubed3. It's only ambiguous of you don't bother reading all the posts to get the context. 

am I the only one who found this title very flamebait?

Did Oot lose reviews? Yes it did. so did GTAIVs. and yet ' conveniently', the title made no mention of that.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)