By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The real winner of the gaming generation

The computer. From 2006 to now the PC has outsold the Wii, PS3, 360, and PS2 combined. Why? Its the greatest platform of entertainment available.

Now the fanboy wars on this site should end. There is no way the Wii can outsell the PC.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

How many of those PC's are used as gaming platformes for other then Minesweeper and Solitaire?

PC4lyfe

Suck it wiitards

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Not only that, but the PC sold 100 million this year alone.

Despite its low attach rate, it certainly shows what companies make money. 

O-D-C said:
How many of those PC's are used as gaming platformes for other then Minesweeper and Solitaire?

Hey now, Minesweeper is a classic game, if you are going to count Wii Sports we have to count Solitaire and the preinstalled games on PC. But really who knows. Steam has users now that can't run more then the Sims due to games like Plant Tycoo, AudioSurf, and Everyday Shooter.

There are still many people buying the Sims and Sims 2 because they have upgraded to a strong enough PC. Even a store bought laptop can run Sims 2 Notebook Edition.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Around the Network

That's like saying the cell phone is the ultimate hand held entertainment device. No other hand held will ever match it.

Now what about in terms of soft sales?

And what about in terms of number or percentage of PCs that are sufficiently configured to play the current hot games?

If you took all PC sales, the suitable comparison would be all console sales over the last seven generations. Of course the PC would still come out ahead since it includes PCs like office and government PCs never used for gaming, but currently, consoles are selling at a faster rate than PC gaming rigs. Feel free to dig up or crunch some numbers that show otherwise.

I think there's a reason why many formerly exclusive PC developers are shifting some of their efforts to the console market (at the bare minimum, hedging their bets by supporting both markets).

And the day the Wii replaces the PC or PC/console hybrid as the premiere gaming platform is the day I officially become a casual gamer in terms of games purchased and hours played.

But as you said, that day will never come.

greenmedic88 said:
That's like saying the cell phone is the ultimate hand held entertainment device. No other hand held will ever match it.

Now what about in terms of soft sales?

And what about in terms of number or percentage of PCs that are sufficiently configured to play the current hot games?

If you took all PC sales, the suitable comparison would be all console sales over the last seven generations. Of course the PC would still come out ahead since it includes PCs like office and government PCs never used for gaming, but currently, consoles are selling at a faster rate than PC gaming rigs. Feel free to dig up or crunch some numbers that show otherwise.

I think there's a reason why many formerly exclusive PC developers are shifting some of their efforts to the console market (at the bare minimum, hedging their bets by supporting both markets).

And the day the Wii replaces the PC or PC/console hybrid as the premiere gaming platform is the day I officially become a casual gamer in terms of games purchased and hours played.

But as you said, that day will never come.

hey now, Japanese Cell Phone games are freaking amazing. The RPGs they have there are omfg kill FF everyday good.

If you are meaning run crysis, several million by now. Run UT3, HL2, AC, etc. MILLIONS.

Office PCs not being used for at least solitaire. lol

PC devs are running away from PC because they are to stupid to join Steam and/or scared of piracy. This is why EA will not see any major sales off of Spore or Mass Effect on PC, their DRM crap is going to screw them over.

There was a demo of a remake of FFVII years ago. I never found out what happened to that one.

Sadly blind Wii fans can't see the truth.

Reality has a PC bais. 1 billion PC owners can't be wrong (well technical they CAN, but they arn't..you see..because well, they are right.)

When all is said and done there will always be more people playing PC games then on consoles, it's just really hard to find any solid numbers to prove it, even if we had sales numbers for the PC there are so many Free games out there it wouldn't show an honest Picture. On top of that  there is a far more diverse range of games on the PC then on any console. 

You can't even take gaming rigs or PC card sales for any given year as an indication of PC gamer existance as even mid-range 3 year old PC can play games decently and if the game is undemanding or an old MMORPG (eg. Runescape) then the computer can be even older, even an office PC can play a game like Planetarion or Tribal Wars like I use to.

In short.... PC gaming rules.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

lol, cool thread, i have a gaming pc so i definetley win, i also have all 3 consoles though so i can get exclusives and features (blu-ray/wiimote/xboxlive).
IMO:
Graphics - 1. PC / 2. PS3 / 3. 360 / 4. Wii
Gameplay - 1. Wii / 2. PS3 / 3. 360 / 4. PC
Games - 1. PS3 / 2. PC / 3. 360 / 4. Wii
Best Games -
GTA4 (PS3)
Gears of War (PC/X360)
Wii Sports (Wii)
PES 2008 (Wii)
Resistance Fall of Man (PS3)
Command & Conquer 3 (PC)
Medieval 2: Total War (PC)