By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The real winner of the gaming generation

ssj12 said:
Venji said:
greenmedic88 said:
Only 1 billion? I think you're undertracked there. How about a kajillion? Including all those PCs that have been recycled of course.

honestly a billion. Check it up.

its more by now. Atleast 3 billion. Even school PCs are used for gaming due to teachers allowing them to be used for it sometimes.

They ACTUALLY allow it now?  I used to sneeky play SimCity or even Doom - nothing worse then a teacher coming in when your doing well...kids really have it easy these days.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:
I wish the PC would die... It has wayyyyy too many casual gamers! It's ruining gaming as we know it

I blame Minesweeper.

PS360ForTheWin said:
ssj12 said:
PS360ForTheWin said:
ssj12 said:
PS360ForTheWin said:
lol, cool thread, i have a gaming pc so i definetley win, i also have all 3 consoles though so i can get exclusives and features (blu-ray/wiimote/xboxlive).
IMO:
Graphics - 1. PC / 2. PS3 / 3. 360 / 4. Wii
Gameplay - 1. Wii / 2. PS3 / 3. 360 / 4. PC
Games - 1. PS3 / 2. PC / 3. 360 / 4. Wii

Best Games -
GTA4 (PS3)
Gears of War (PC/X360)
Wii Sports (Wii)
PES 2008 (Wii)
Resistance Fall of Man (PS3)
Command & Conquer 3 (PC)
Medieval 2: Total War (PC)
Football Manager 2008 (PC)
Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (PS3)

You are so freaking off its unbeilievable. Plus UT3 PC is better the UT3 PS3...

Gameplay? games?, please play audiosurf, art of the thief (indie title), everyday shooter, half life, the ship, ninja reflex, every c&c game before that pos c&c3 game, starcraft, gish, bullet candy, pocket tanks, neon wars, etc

I can go on.

calm down, i only listed my current most played games (released since 2006 i.e this gen). I have a vast catalgoue of older pc games (49 at last count) including many classics like Far Cry, Counter Strike, Half Life and C&C.

well I wanted to point out the Wii has no games like Art of the Thief or Gunz the Duels, or even World of Warcraft.

i havent played art of the thief so i dont know what that is, and also the wii has plenty of games of its own, as do the PS3 and X360/

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2008/03/28/indie_and_experimental_games_round-up/2

here

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Venji said:
ssj12 said:
Venji said:
greenmedic88 said:
Only 1 billion? I think you're undertracked there. How about a kajillion? Including all those PCs that have been recycled of course.

honestly a billion. Check it up.

its more by now. Atleast 3 billion. Even school PCs are used for gaming due to teachers allowing them to be used for it sometimes.

They ACTUALLY allow it now?  I used to sneeky play SimCity or even Doom - nothing worse then a teacher coming in when your doing well...kids really have it easy these days.

some do at times

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

ssj12 said:
psrock said:
ssj12 said:
psrock said:
So MS wins either way. damn

errr not totally, Mac and Linux both support PC games througn software (Wine and and crap I forget the other one, its 100% better then Wine)

Also the PC manufactures or whole salers win. ie Sony, Acer, Asus, HP, Compact, Dell, Alienware, Gateway, Toshiba, etc as well as NewEgg, TigerDirect, etc.

i cant prove it yet, but i'm sure MS benefits alot from pc gaming.

M$'s main benefit is that it's OS is in around 80% of all PCs. (they lost a ton of market thanks to the Eee PCs and Mac)

I Thought it was 90%?, anyone have the exact fugures?

Around the Network

The Windows market has to be more than 80%. The Mac market is only about 6% last I checked, and I'm pretty sure the Linux market is less than 14%, if not less than 6%.

greenmedic88 said:
The Windows market has to be more than 80%. The Mac market is only about 6% last I checked, and I'm pretty sure the Linux market is less than 14%, if not less than 6%.

there are more OSs then just the Linux Distros and Mac. They just aren't well known.And Ya, I just checked a site that I think hasn;t updated their numbers in a while. They say 91%. Thats still lower then what they were a year ago.

have you ever heard of SunOS?

Anyways, I know M$ is scrambling due to the Eee PCs. They are offering Asus and the other manufactures Windows XP at costs of like 80% off and crap like that and they aren't being bought. lol

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Yeah. I was under the impression that it was about as popular as BeOs.

ssj12 said:
greenmedic88 said:

there are more OSs then just the Linux Distros and Mac. They just aren't well known.And Ya, I just checked a site that I think hasn;t updated their numbers in a while. They say 91%. Thats still lower then what they were a year ago.

have you ever heard of SunOS?

are they the same people who make open office?