By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii have 10 year lifecycle before the new console introduced?

Alby_da_Wolf said:
yushire said:
^^^

So... households have a HDTVs, HD players and HD signal by that time then? Though is it better to just remove the HD out of the picture? HD will do nothing in gaming anyway,it will only have more better resolution but thats just it.

Sorry, I don't understand where are you driving at... What I'm saying is only that if and when Nintendo will feel the need to go HD (*), it will be able to do it a lot cheaper than its competitors did this gen, and easily keeping BC too. I'm not able to make predictions about when this will happen, though, as I'm persuaded Nintendo is willing to keep its schedule as unrelated from competitors' ones as possible, only minding the customers desires, so that it will also be easier to let Sony and MS in the uncomfortable shoes of the pursuers.

(*) And I think it will be really necessary only when very big screen HDTVs will be dirt cheap, so not in a near future.

I agree that Nintendo showed undeniably that resolution is the smaller of most gamers' concerns, as long as graphics aren't blocky anymore, and this have been true for a lot of years by now.

OK, now I understand but surely Nintendo will not release a new console 5 years since its launch, sorry to say this but it sounds ridiculous. I mean, do you know when internet started? 1994 YES 1994. And how many years before it became mainstream? 10 years! Even in 1998 internet was dial up no broadband service atleast in other parts of the world, the mainstream videos are slow to download and webpages are atleast seconds before it popped up even without pictures. Internet became mainstream and have broadband service over the world only in 2004, thats what Im experienced.

What more if Ninty wants a HD console. The general public will turn away from this since we have yet to see a HD signal channels in cables yet, what more on local TV stations.

And as for my post Wii will be like more TV, being mass produced, will be like ipods status, 10 year lifespan?There'll be no new console atleast 10 years? Sean Malstrom said it himself:

http://malstrom.50webs.com/newworld2.htm

Now, in the New World, the gamer could hardly contain his amazement. Software began falling into two types: traditional games or ‘new’ market games. And these ‘new’ market games began appearing everywhere (along with Wii systems) from libraries to grocery stores. The future television remotes mimicked the Wii-remote and the Wii Channels section for channel selection. Girls played with the system as did mothers and grandmothers.

“Let us go into a Game Store!” I said and the two of us entered. It resembled a book store. Traditional gaming was the ‘fiction’ setting and the titles the hardcore loved could be found in what would be the sci-fi/fantasy section in a bookstore. But whatever one could imagine in a bookstore there was a video game equivalent including business games, cooking games, children’s games, biography games, and even technical games.

We left the Game Store and walked until we saw a televised wall (televisions were obsolete in this time. What were screens could now take up entire walls). A gray haired Reggie walked on the stage and said, “Twenty years ago, today, Wii changed the world. People didn’t think gaming could reach females or older audiences in a massive way, but it did. Just recently, we have expanded gaming to education where now schools use our game products regularly in their school plans. We created yet another market by making games for babies and small kids to help with their development. Some might say we should be satisfied by our success. But I say: we have only begun. While we have successfully competed and beaten all other known forms of entertainment including our competitors…” The crowd laughed as Reggie pointed to the date Microsoft left the gaming market and Sony’s small niche. “We are no longer satisfied with competing for the consumers’ entertainment time. They work most of the day. Just as we made inroads into education, we want to make inroads into the office. When the Wii launched, somehow, Wii Sports became a game people played at the office. We are set to make an entire new style of games that caters to the office. We want to expand to make games for the work environment!”

Im posting here and revive this thread to know that Im not wrong about Sean Malstrom about Wii's lifespan and Ninty's new console, this the proof.

edit: This is decades from now BTW and people still have Wiis at that time, proof that Ninty will never change their console's name... 

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

This is decades from now BTW and people still have Wiis at that time, proof that Ninty will never change their console's name...

Thats just twenty years from now, and I think it means that they kept going with the first and only Wii till then.

Work in progress for now...

yushire said:
I'll never use a link since everyone knows Sean Malstrom already, but for the benefit of the doubt I'll post the link on OP post

Never heard of him and link goes nowhere so this sounds like just some random fan rumour to me.

^^^

They'll keep going on with the Wii and this console is the last console Ninty will ever made, there'll be no Wii 2, and there'll be no console that will replace the Wii, sadly, core gamers here didnt understand what Sean Malstrom is saying on his articles. I think because even most of them are blinded by core gaming and never understands what Ninty is doing even theyre Ninty's fans before.

The article goes on to why there will never be a Wii 2, why the Wii will have a longer lifespan than the PS3 (and the PS2), and what exactly Nintendo’s next console will be.

Like I said, this is clear as day...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:
^^^

They'll keep going on with the Wii and this console is the last console Ninty will ever made, there'll be no Wii 2, and there'll be no console that will replace the Wii, sadly, core gamers here didnt understand what Sean Malstrom is saying on his articles. I think because even most of them are blinded by core gaming and never understands what Ninty is doing even theyre Ninty's fans before.

That's wrong. Remember that a competitor could enter the market with and disrupt nintendo with a new product. That's why nintendo must be ready for everything

Work in progress for now...

Around the Network
yushire said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
yushire said:
^^^

So... households have a HDTVs, HD players and HD signal by that time then? Though is it better to just remove the HD out of the picture? HD will do nothing in gaming anyway,it will only have more better resolution but thats just it.

Sorry, I don't understand where are you driving at... What I'm saying is only that if and when Nintendo will feel the need to go HD (*), it will be able to do it a lot cheaper than its competitors did this gen, and easily keeping BC too. I'm not able to make predictions about when this will happen, though, as I'm persuaded Nintendo is willing to keep its schedule as unrelated from competitors' ones as possible, only minding the customers desires, so that it will also be easier to let Sony and MS in the uncomfortable shoes of the pursuers.

(*) And I think it will be really necessary only when very big screen HDTVs will be dirt cheap, so not in a near future.

I agree that Nintendo showed undeniably that resolution is the smaller of most gamers' concerns, as long as graphics aren't blocky anymore, and this have been true for a lot of years by now.

OK, now I understand but surely Nintendo will not release a new console 5 years since its launch, sorry to say this but it sounds ridiculous. I mean, do you know when internet started? 1994 YES 1994. And how many years before it became mainstream? 10 years! Even in 1998 internet was dial up no broadband service atleast in other parts of the world, the mainstream videos are slow to download and webpages are atleast seconds before it popped up even without pictures. Internet became mainstream and have broadband service over the world only in 2004, thats what Im experienced.

What more if Ninty wants a HD console. The general public will turn away from this since we have yet to see a HD signal channels in cables yet, what more on local TV stations.

And as for my post Wii will be like more TV, being mass produced, will be like ipods status, 10 year lifespan?There'll be no new console atleast 10 years? Sean Malstrom said it himself:

http://malstrom.50webs.com/newworld2.htm

Now, in the New World, the gamer could hardly contain his amazement. Software began falling into two types: traditional games or ‘new’ market games. And these ‘new’ market games began appearing everywhere (along with Wii systems) from libraries to grocery stores. The future television remotes mimicked the Wii-remote and the Wii Channels section for channel selection. Girls played with the system as did mothers and grandmothers.

“Let us go into a Game Store!” I said and the two of us entered. It resembled a book store. Traditional gaming was the ‘fiction’ setting and the titles the hardcore loved could be found in what would be the sci-fi/fantasy section in a bookstore. But whatever one could imagine in a bookstore there was a video game equivalent including business games, cooking games, children’s games, biography games, and even technical games.

We left the Game Store and walked until we saw a televised wall (televisions were obsolete in this time. What were screens could now take up entire walls). A gray haired Reggie walked on the stage and said, “Twenty years ago, today, Wii changed the world. People didn’t think gaming could reach females or older audiences in a massive way, but it did. Just recently, we have expanded gaming to education where now schools use our game products regularly in their school plans. We created yet another market by making games for babies and small kids to help with their development. Some might say we should be satisfied by our success. But I say: we have only begun. While we have successfully competed and beaten all other known forms of entertainment including our competitors…” The crowd laughed as Reggie pointed to the date Microsoft left the gaming market and Sony’s small niche. “We are no longer satisfied with competing for the consumers’ entertainment time. They work most of the day. Just as we made inroads into education, we want to make inroads into the office. When the Wii launched, somehow, Wii Sports became a game people played at the office. We are set to make an entire new style of games that caters to the office. We want to expand to make games for the work environment!”

Im posting here and revive this thread to know that Im not wrong about Sean Malstrom about Wii's lifespan and Ninty's new console, this the proof.

edit: This is decades from now BTW and people still have Wiis at that time, proof that Ninty will never change their console's name...

Internet was invented in 1969 and universities started using it in the 80's and became public in in 1994 while the first web browser was created in 1993. And became much more widely known in around 1996-1997.

look at Nintendos mood recently, if they keep this up then add that into the equation and you'll know the Wii's life cycle.

Nintendo is in the position where they are the market leader so add that into your equation now and note that when someones making money company x wants to mimic that.

Nintendo has a major problem in the Wii for the next console, if they can't make the next console Wii+ but then something else other than Wii then their screwed, add that also.

Nintendo's mood to explain the above is to keep quite till the last possible date.

Nintendo is waiting until the last possible date to release in on a hardware option on the Wii/DS (E3) that's an example of their mood.

Nintendo will more than likely wait to see what Microsoft & Sony does in their releases prior to their system releases, then announce their system a year in advance but mark the unique attributes to the system a few months before launch.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D