By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - EGM -- Bioshock on PS3 -- THIS Sept -- But does anyone care??

well heres a website reporting it as if its true.

http://www.ecanadanow.com/news/technology/get-ready-for-bioshock-on-ps3-this-september-20080516.html

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
XGamer0611 said:
This will turn out like Lost Planet. PS3 fans will clamor over it then when it gets released sales won't be all that good.

I can't think of a single PS3 owner that WANTED Lost Planet xD We bitched at capcom for making Dead Rising 360 exclusive, so they turn around and give us Lost Plannet ><

Heh, you guys got screwed in that deal. Dead Rising is way more fun than Lost Planet.

Yeah tell me about it xD The first day I saw this game on the 360 I was already un-interested -_-; Then that's they're big surprise for us LOL

Sure Bioshock may have been over-rated, but I think too many people are giving it the Fable effect, it may not have been everything that they were hoping for and were promised, but shit, it's a fantastic game and it had some amazingly refreshing ideas. Flawed in it's execution? Absolutely >< but fantastic to me none the less. 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

XGamer0611 said:
This will turn out like Lost Planet. PS3 fans will clamor over it then when it gets released sales won't be all that good.

PS3 owners never wanted Lost Planet... and that game was awful IMO. Check out my gamerscore on it, I played it for 2 hours, got sick, threw up on my disk and sent it back to gamefly to be rented out to another unfortunate 360 owner that had to deal with the repeative gameplay, generic story and horrible controls.....oh yeah, and my week old puke.

well mayb it also means that bioshock 2 will be multiplatform hahaha

ChronotriggerJM said:
rocketpig said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
XGamer0611 said:

I can't think of a single PS3 owner that WANTED Lost Planet xD We bitched at capcom for making Dead Rising 360 exclusive, so they turn around and give us Lost Plannet ><

Heh, you guys got screwed in that deal. Dead Rising is way more fun than Lost Planet.

Yeah tell me about it xD The first day I saw this game on the 360 I was already un-interested -_-; Then that's they're big surprise for us LOL

Sure Bioshock may have been over-rated, but I think too many people are giving it the Fable effect, it may not have been everything that they were hoping for and were promised, but shit, it's a fantastic game and it had some amazingly refreshing ideas. Flawed in it's execution? Absolutely >< but fantastic to me none the less.

Absolutely. It's a very good game, just overrated IMO.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
This is and always will be a PC title to me. I also think that it was last years second most overrated title, beaten by miles by the inglorious Crysis.
As a FPS game it's rock solid and it throws in some other elements for good measure. Yes; the story is kinda cool, but the narrative is nothing special in most places and borderline silly in others.
The best part is the atmosphere and the sfx imo, but it falls short on many gameplay aspects I'm afraid.
Feel free to PM me if anyone wants a more indepth reasoning behind all this, it might sound ludicrous otherwise, seeing the blazing reviews it got!
Not a bad game at all, but certainly not the revolution we were promised, by a long shot.

Actually, as an FPS it was pretty bad.  Since it did the really cool living world thing where there were no real encounters just about every encounter except the planned one felt very boring and repetetive after only a 1/3 of the way through the game.

Even the enemies themselves started to get a little boring by the end of the game.  Still though, it's a great a game, just not a great shooter. 

dabaus513 said:
well heres a website reporting it as if its true.

http://www.ecanadanow.com/news/technology/get-ready-for-bioshock-on-ps3-this-september-20080516.html

Yeah that website's wrong. In fact that looks like the exact article the OP pulled his info from.

The only way for this to be true is the small instance that Bioshock iwll be revealed in the July issue of EGM, but Take Two probably would have arranged that before the June issue went to print and good odds would say they would leave it out of the Rumor Mill. Overall I say these sites just don't know how to correctly read a magazine. I still thinks it's coming in September though, and this should be a must buy for anyone interested in horror themed games and good stories(minus the last hour). 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Well, I really don't care. I'll be definitely playing it on a 360 before september, and for me that's a finish-and-trash game, anyway. Now, Ninja Gaiden 2..damn, I'll be willing to buy a 360 for that!

Well I was about to buy it on steam to play it on PC in a few weeks.
I guess this means I will wait...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

this is old news. but nontheless, i could care less. let's have new games on the ps3 rather than a port. i've played it on the 360 and wasn't highly impressed. it's just a a matter of taste and nothing against the guys who love the game.

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi