By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - EGM -- Bioshock on PS3 -- THIS Sept -- But does anyone care??

I would welcome Bioshock in the PlayStation Family. But I am sure that we have enough exclusives this year on the PS3. I think we don't need it.
If we get it, then hopefully with better graphics and better sound.

Around the Network

I won't belive it until I see it... I think it would be a fine game for PS3 platform so people probably should care but until I see it confirmed I'm assuming MS have tied up the rights.

Although rumoured and referred to I've never seen MS ownership confirmed properly either... so who knows?

The Shadow, maybe.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

darthdevidem01 said:
@Rocketpig

does it apparently have a story & narrative on the level of RPG's??

if so I'll buy it...unless Fallout 3 comes out the same month

Irrational (now 2k) had a great idea with BioShock. They failed and succeeded on various levels. The game world is probably my favorite game world of all time (Rapture is absolutely amazing) and the overall feel of the game is extraordinary.

They based it on Objectivism created by Ayn Rand. Having read a lot of Rand during my college years, this excited me to no end. Unfortunately, Irrational took the idea and shit all over it, softballing the subject and cheapening a game that could have been amazing on every level of play. It's too bloody linear, the player is given little real choice (quite the irony given the subject of Objectivism), and the last third of the story makes you regret ever playing past the point of Andrew Ryan's office.

And the actual gameplay is a regression from their previous series, System Shock. Almost all real RPG elements were removed from BioShock (though there are a few fluff elements left in for effect).

It's a very good game but given the potential, it could have redefined how we think about video games if Irrational would have gone that extra mile to really intellectually challenge the player with Objectivism, its flaws, and individual choice.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

This is a rumor unless it gets confirmation from Sony or Take two (or EA ).
And yes, PS3 only owners SHOULD care, this game had among the best atmosphere and immersive presentation of ALL time. Though the replay value isn't there, the first play through is unforgettable... except near the end and ending.. those sucked.

BTW: I played bioshock on my PC with an EAX sound card, DX10, 1900x1200, maxed out settings and maxed AA @ around 60fps. I DOUBT the PS3 version (if it's even true) would look better (or sound better) than a high end PC rig.

Doesn't R2 release around the same time ?

Around the Network

Well, if it comes, I'll buy it. It'll probably not be a first-day purchase, but it's likely it'll hit an empty space under my christmas tree at the end of the year assuming the port isn't botched.

Man, too many good games on PS3 this year! I'm like a kid in a sweet shop; I just don't know which way to turn.

:D

Well supposedly the June issue of EGM was supposed to contain that confirmation. I have it sitting here(The Splatterhouse cover), and it doesn't have a thing about it.  Here's the links about it:

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/38297/BioShock-Hitting-PS3-This-Summer-Says-EGM

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/52404

I believe you're basing this all off of the fact that EGM put something in their rumor section in the June issue, but that's not confirmation, even though EGM has a good record of getting rumors corect. Overall I would say it's likely to come, but don't take this OP as a gospel but as rumor still. I'll re-print the rumor from EGM word for word here:

Not so BioShocking
Bioshock's on-again, off-again relationship with the PS3 has finally stabalized, and the game should finally see release this September. Expect all of the downloadable content to be included, along with marginally enhanced visuals. You'll also catch the first glimpse of Bioshock 2 around the same time...and despite rumors to the contrary, neither Sony nor  Microsoft has locked up platform exclusivity for the sequel.

Note from Onyx: From the Rumor Mill. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

This will turn out like Lost Planet. PS3 fans will clamor over it then when it gets released sales won't be all that good.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

The best survival horror game on the 360 coming to PS3. You should care. This is a damn fine game and should be supported. I hope that Dead Space is half as good. If so I will buy that as well.

I'd pick it up if it came out on PS3 :P I definitely support that type of narrative ^^ One of the few reasons to own a 360 in my opinion :)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.