By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Collina confirmed for Brawl!

I'm still on the fence about R.O.B. since there are only two or three decent screenshots of him, and they look like they could be shopped. He's probably in though.

I'm slightly worried about none of the shots of Ganondorf showing him with a sword, but it might be that's just because he isn't fighting in any of them. Hopefully he won't be a Captain Falcon clone again. It looks like Falcon has two guns btw.

Also, some guy has played played SSE for 5 hours and 47 minutes, and has 19 characters available, but the game says it's only 59% complete. Holy fuck. o_O

Around the Network

I was going to post some awesome screenshots, but this site has them all. Major SSE spoilers!

Looks like Ridley is a boss after all. ;__;

So IGN boards are bitching and moaning that there are "only" 35 playable characters. Smashboards appear to be down...?

Meanwhile we're seeing that SSE may be about 9-10 hours long on first playthrough... 59% = 5:47.

So personally, I'll take a 10 hour single player + co-op adventure mode over a handful more characters.

Sad that Mewtwo gets cut, but all the other old movesets are back... Plus some people seem to have already forgotten about Pit, Diddy Kong, Wario, Pikmin and Olimar, Charizard/Ivysaur/Squirtle, Lucario, Snake, Sonic, Dedede, Meta-Knight and the rest. Wait until you've played as any of these characters for at least 1 second before complaining that Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo and Krystal didn't make it in.

ROB is the perfect "WTF final character." He's important to Nintendo history, but he's fantastically weird and retro. Just like G&W.

Supposedly a WW/PH styled young Link is on that 35 character (now basically confirmed) roster. I've GOT to see that.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Any confirmation of Krystal? Are we sure all the characters ahve been unlocked?

The most complete roster I can find is this with 32 characters. Including every other character I can think of except for Sonic. Nothing of Krystal yet.

A lot of people are saying "the 35 character roster" has been confirmed. Can anyone refresh my memory on what that list included?

Around the Network

Hmm... i dunno guys, this is almost getting to be too much for me. I think I'm going to have to go cold turkey on leaks and updates. i don't want to spoil the entire adventure mode and I want a chance to fool around with each of the characters without knowing ahead of time what I should be able to do.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

The "35 character roster" was rumored as:

Row 1

Mario
DK
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch

Row 2

Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Pit
Meta Knight
Falco
Pokemon Trainer
Ike
Snake

Row 3

Peach
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
King Dedede
Lucario
Ness
Sonic
Bowser

Row 4

Wario
Toon Link
R.O.B. (star fox)
Captain Olimar
Captain Falcon
Lucas
Wolf
Jigglypuff

So... pretty much confirmed. Looks like the same order and everything... Not on 31-character screenshot = bold.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

OMG, amazingness FTW. I wasn't expecting all of this when I turned on my PC.

Ok, that pretty much settles the question of the final roster. I seriously wasn't R.O.B. as a playable character. 2chan seems to confirm Ganondorf is still a clone of Falcon. =/

Everything isn't quite like I had hoped, but this is still pretty damn awesome. I think I'll stop spoiling the SSE cut scenes for myself now that we know the characters.

Geez, miss coming on for one day and wow...

Glad to see Falco and Ganandorf returning!!

R.O.B. IS playable. Um... cool... I think.

Are we sure about the 35 list or is that just an assumption because of ROB and it fits so far?