By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

naznatips said:
I totally called this. I'm too lazy to search the topic for it, but I told you all he would be in the game, and you guys were like "But Naz he's only 6 inches!" So hah! Eat it!

Awesome character btw. I can't wait to play as him.

I never argued about the size.

I argued that his moveset would be too bizzare to be a viable player.

We shall see tommorow, hopefully, whether his fighting style has a chance.

Already, the fact that they scatter/die off is interesting, though it is still unclear wheter or not you can continue to pluck Pikmin during the match, or if we have a Nana situation. 

Around the Network

Never played Pikman so I'm not totally stoked here, but to naznatips and to others who called this one. Good on yeah!! Still the more the merrier, and he looks like he'll have a very unique move set.

So spots 13 and 17 are still open? Isn't one of them Capt. Falcon or are we assuming he's in already? Good chance of G&W returning as well, so #17 would most likely be Animal Crossing character. Possibly unlockable.

I guess there could be one more at the end for another 3rd party character, but the likelihood is fading fast.

Gamerace said:
So spots 13 and 17 are still open? Isn't one of them Capt. Falcon or are we assuming he's in already? Good chance of G&W returning as well, so #17 would most likely be Animal Crossing character. Possibly unlockable.

I guess there could be one more at the end for another 3rd party character, but the likelihood is fading fast.

This is the list of icons:

01. Super Smash Bros. Icon (SSB)

02. DK Logo (Donkey Kong)

03. Great Fox Logo (Star Fox)

04. Warp Star (Kirby)

05. F-Zero Logo (F-Zero)

06. Screw Attack (Metroid)

07. Earth (EarthBound)

08. Pokéball (Pokémon)

09. Triforce (Legend of Zelda)

10. Mushroom (Mario)

11. Egg (Yoshi)

12. Sword (Fire Emblem)

14. Eggplant (Ice Climbers)

15. Leaf (Animal Crossing)

16. W (Wario)

17. Foxhound (Metal Gear)

18. Bow and Arrow (Kid Icarus)

20. Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)

21. Two screens (Nintendo DS)

22. Flower (Pikmin)

Gamerace said:
Never played Pikman so I'm not totally stoked here, but to naznatips and to others who called this one. Good on yeah!! Still the more the merrier, and he looks like he'll have a very unique move set.

I believe you are a bit confused.

The icons, 13 and 17, represent franchises. Icon 13 is in the vicinity of veteran fighters'(Game & Watch) franchise.

Captain Falcon already has a logo in the count(1-11?). The 17 is assumed to be a new franchise.

I was honestly expecting Olimar or at least the Pikmin to show up. Still don't think Ridley will be playable though.

The thing about size...like with Kirby and Olimar...they act in worlds that fit their size...Kirby's enemies are of similar size, they're not much tinier than their immediate surroundings. But Ridley is much larger compared to other people, and he always is freaking huge. Eh. I just don't want Ridley to be small, it would defeat the purpose of his character: A bigass dragon thing that smashes everything around him. I didn't even like him in the SSBM intro...it's like taking a T-Rex and making him a raptor. As I've whined about before.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
DonWii said:
naznatips said:
I totally called this. I'm too lazy to search the topic for it, but I told you all he would be in the game, and you guys were like "But Naz he's only 6 inches!" So hah! Eat it!

Awesome character btw. I can't wait to play as him.

I never argued about the size.

I argued that his moveset would be too bizzare to be a viable player.

We shall see tommorow, hopefully, whether his fighting style has a chance.

Already, the fact that they scatter/die off is interesting, though it is still unclear wheter or not you can continue to pluck Pikmin during the match, or if we have a Nana situation.

Bizzare movement is a bizzare argument.  When you can make the Ice Climbers and Pokemon work there is no difficulty at all in making Olimar work.  His fighting style has a chance or they wouldn't have put him in the game... As I understood it, you can continue to pluck pikmin (and will have to) throughout the battle.

Hopefully, we find out tommorow.

Also, since these are TROPHIES that have come to life, size is not really an issue. At least, for the fighting cast.

Everyday after my computer loads the first thing I do is check the Dojo hoping for something good. But it got ruined today :(.. I was in art (6th period) and a guy in my class comes in and tells me the guy from Pikmin is in the game. Pissed me off -.-.

I figured he'd make it in.

I totally called a character update yesterday, except I thought it would be Captian Falcon, not Captian Olimar. Still half right with the name though. :)

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

DonWii said:
Gamerace said:

I believe you are a bit confused.

The icons, 13 and 17, represent franchises. Icon 13 is in the vicinity of veteran fighters'(Game & Watch) franchise.

Captain Falcon already has a logo in the count(1-11?). The 17 is assumed to be a new franchise.

Indeed I was confused, thanks for clearing that up guys.  So AC character is already basically confirmed.  So #19 is yet another new franchise, and as I think Nintendo has pretty much used up all their major franchises (although it could be some blast from the past - Balloon Fighter!!!) it's most likely another 3rd party!! Yeah!! I'm happy now.

*Hopes for Bomberman*