By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Around the Network

Where is everybody tonight?

Nov. 09 Fri. 2007

Norfair

Norfair is the location in Metroid where the enemy boss Ridley was. There was a lot of lava, and it seemed like a rather hot area.

Whoa! That looks hot.

As you can imagine, the lava level will indeed rise and cover the platforms. It’s dangerous to touch it.

That dangerous-to-the-touch lava comes flowing from a number of places, so be careful.

Hot! Hot-hot-hot-hot-hot-HOT!

EEEEEEEEEEK! It’s a lava wave!

The tension rises. Yes.

When the lava wave appears, a single safe area will also appear. If you can get in, you’ll be safe...but surely there will be quite a battle for that spot. Yet another bit of back and forth.

"Let me in!" "I’m not letting YOU in!"

It even has hatches that close in emergencies. Ahh.

You can barely dodge the massive lava wave with a great jump, but it’s a little difficult. Besides, you KNOW you want to win the battle for that safe area.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

The lava looks #&%$/)# amazing.

BenKenobi88 said:
The fact that Sakurai keeps talking about Ness half the time Lucas is around gives a shred of hope that he will return...but by saying "up until now"...that pretty much means he was in Smash until now...which means he is no longer in Smash.

I'm quite certain he will be an alternate costume of Lucas though, considering the wide variety of costumes and color schemes already seen with the Wolf outfit, Dark Link, Fusion Samus, etc. And the moveset is very similar to Ness....in fact if Ness was still in the game, he'd probably have this exact moveset...so really, no big deal.

I think Sakurai is just trying to show his sympathy for those players who might be disappointed with his absence.  He knows how dedicated fans can be.  I keep hearing about this suggestion for costumes and I hope it comes out true.  With how many options are in the game that we haven't thought of like customizable music preferences, stage building, etc  I don't see why they wouldn't do it.

I love the idea of fighting to get in that safe zone. Leaves room for a big HAHAHA or DOH depending on your final position.

Around the Network

can i ask, as i have never played a smash game before, how do you 'win'? is it dependant on the number of times you fall off as well as your hit percentage, or is it just the percentage or what?

TWRoO said:
can i ask, as i have never played a smash game before, how do you 'win'? is it dependant on the number of times you fall off as well as your hit percentage, or is it just the percentage or what?

If you fall down by yourself, -1 for you.

If you get killed, -1 for you +1 for your killer.

If you kill someone, +1 for you -1 for them.

If you kill yourself by, say, a bomb -2 for you. (I think)

In the end the % doesn't matter.

maaan that lava does look good! i really need this game more and more with every update :( one of the only bad things about being australian is game price and delays

KTurbo said:
TWRoO said:

yea well i usually don't do time matches

Stocks (lives) ftw

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
KTurbo said:
TWRoO said:

yea well i usually don't do time matches

Stocks (lives) ftw

Yeah, generally, stock matches (you have a set amount of lives and whoever runs out loses) are the way to go.  Most tournaments are played like that as well.