By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Yeah the CG in this game is glorious. But when i saw what Wario was about to do to Zelda (Zelda>Peach FTW!!!) i was OMG i want this game!!!

The Adventure mode will be alot better than i first expected and i'm glad at that. This game might truly be my favorite game of all time. The Singleplayer, the Multiplayer, the Options, the Extras, what more could a rational gamer ask for?

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me

Around the Network

I'm liking what I'm hearing so far from E for All. The amazing (cheap) characters are more balanced, while the lacking characters will have improvements.

Edit: and I'm glad wavedashing is gone.

Never argue with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Brawl FC: 0473-7449-8088

come on newcomer for tomorrow! finish the pattern!

Woah, Wario is evil! Tho I would have done the same... you know, stealing a princess for my own :D

All (I think) of the Subspace Emissary videos into one video.

Around the Network

newcomer monday. zeldas final smash tuesday!

I wish that the video were in order, and would add the Clip were the Minister appears.

My money's with bacon for a newcomer. But who? Well my heart wants Mr. G&W, but my brain is saying... Captain Falcon.

(we already have the F-Zero icon 'cuz of Samurai Goroh, so .. yeah, I'd say we're guaranteed Falcon, some "Big Bue" megamix, and a badass new stage)

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

01 - Smash Emblem
02 - Donkey Kong Series
03 - Starfox Series
04 - Kirby Series
05 - F-Zero Series
06 - Metroid Series
07 - Mother Series
08 - Pokemon Series
09 - The Legend of Zelda Series
10 - Mario Series
11 - Yoshi Series
12 - Fire Emblem Series

13 NONE
14 - Ice Climbers Series
15 - Animal Crossing Series
16 - Wario Series
17 - Metal Gear Solid Series
18 - Kid Icarus Series

19 NONE
20 - Sonic The Hedgehog Series

Great, but whats with the missing numbers 13 and 19? The URL doesn't show anything so obviously they haven't uploaded anything to it yet, but still why the gaps? Lets take another look at this.

Excluding world 01 since it isn't technically a series, we look at 2 through 12 and 14 and note that each of these series are representative of a veteran character from Melee. But 13 is missing... and what is the only series that hasn't been shown here but was in Melee. Mr. Game & Watch. Makes perfect sense to me.

All that remains are 15 through 20 and the mysterious absence of number 19. Animal Crossing, Wario Ware, Metal Gear Solid, and Kid Icarus, all of which are new series to Brawl. It would be safe to assume that 19 will be a new series as well. Hmmm... from the looks of it, it doesn't look like we'll be able to discern any predictions from first glance. BUT WAIT! Let's take those series and change them to their translated Japanese names, giving us:

Animal Forest (literal translation from Dobustu no Mori)
Made in Wario

Metal Gear Solid
Myth of Light: The Mirror of Palutena (literal translation from Hikari shinwa: Parutena no Kagami)
???
Sonic The Hedgehog

What does this show us? The names are in alphabetical order. Which would mean that the next series would fall somewhere between M and S. The candidates: NiGHTS, Pikmin, Pac-man, and Rockman.

http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/ZekeThePlumber/the-smash-dojo-site-urls-show-something-interesting-it-s-a-secret-to-everybody--48504.phtml

An expansion to the Logo Theory. It seems to me like Pikmin/Rockman would be the most logical.

^probably Pikmin, but it's anyone's guess until it is put up onto the Dojo.