By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Here's how I would envision Megaman X placed into SSB:Brawl.

Megaman X

B: Charging buster cannon attack. Fires one enourmous blast when fully charged. Low damage, high knockback.
Side+B: Fires a random projectile from the Megaman X series.
Up+B: Megaman-style teleport.
Down+B: Turn into Zero.
FS: Calls one of the X-series power armors.

Zero

B: Charging buster cannon attack. Fires multiple big blasts when fully charged. High damage, low knockback.
Side+B: Attacks with Beam Sword plus Beam Sword beam. High damage, high knockback, the beam moves somewhat slowly compared to other projectiles, cancels out all other projectiles it touches.
Up+B: Does a rising slash with his beam sword.
Down+B: Turn back into X.
FS: Repeatedly slashes the nearest opponent (similar to Link's FS)

Around the Network

Mega Man X would rock. I loved that game. Still, I wish Mega Man would learn to duck.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Apparently lightsabers are required to be pink...

I think the blue color makes them look cooler...more dangerous.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Making it blue makes it too much like a light saber for me. I prefer the blazing hot pink beam madness. And pink's my favorite color. Right now I'm wearing pink on blue on pink, in the form of a pink jacket over a blue dress shirt over a pink beater. I used to rock Captain Falcon in his pink suit and Dr. Mario in what I liked to refer to as his pink tux.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

I prefer it more like a lightsaber hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

they should be red

Need people to play online with me for Brawl.
4382-1731-1511.

Name is DROAK.  

Words Of Wisdom said:

Here's how I would envision Megaman X placed into SSB:Brawl.

Megaman X

B: Charging buster cannon attack. Fires one enourmous blast when fully charged. Low damage, high knockback.
Side+B: Fires a random projectile from the Megaman X series.
Up+B: Megaman-style teleport.
Down+B: Turn into Zero.
FS: Calls one of the X-series power armors.

Zero

B: Charging buster cannon attack. Fires multiple big blasts when fully charged. High damage, low knockback.
Side+B: Attacks with Beam Sword plus Beam Sword beam. High damage, high knockback, the beam moves somewhat slowly compared to other projectiles, cancels out all other projectiles it touches.
Up+B: Does a rising slash with his beam sword.
Down+B: Turn back into X.
FS: Repeatedly slashes the nearest opponent (similar to Link's FS)

If Megaman were in Brawl it would be old school original Megaman not X or Zero. That's not Sakurai's style. 

B: Charged Megabuster.  Low damage and high knockback.
Side+B: Uses one of the powers from the series.  They are able to be switched through Down+B.
Up+B: Grabs onto Rush who dashes up.  Similar to Snakes's camera.
Down+B: Switch Side+B weapon
FS: Merge with Rush to superpower him.  All attacks do large damage and knockback. 

Oh goodness...I would never want one of those newer Megaman models.

I'm an oldschool Megaman fan only...I've never played any newer games.

I'm almost disappointed that Sonic looks the way he does...but I can forgive because it's not like 2D Sonic really had a 3D model to complement.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

That is the official art for the original 2D Mega Man Ben. Still, I'm sure his rendered form would look better than that.

Hey nazantips,

The switching of the Side+B power using the Down+B move is a really awesome idea. I like that a lot. I wonder if Beat or the Teleport wouldn't be a more appropriate Up+B than Rush though...

PS:  If it was the original Mega Man, I'd like to see an alternate costume for Protoman...